uniqs

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to claibourne

MVM

to claibourne

Re: Where to get most recent Rev. router?

Quick question on this: Doesn't the Rev. F have the internal antenna soldered to one of the radio connections like the Rev. D and older have?
claibourne
join:2011-07-04
Garland, TX

claibourne

said by Smith6612:

Quick question on this: Doesn't the Rev. F have the internal antenna soldered to one of the radio connections like the Rev. D and older have?

Not sure, but I have a couple F's sitting in a closet unused, so I guess I could open one up and take a look. I'll wait and see if anyone else replies first.

In any event, if there's a second internal antenna, I was never able to get any 2-stream clients to connect beyond 65 (or 72 from an Atheros-based client).
claibourne

claibourne to Smith6612

to Smith6612
said by Smith6612:

I just opened up an old Rev F.

There is only one antenna lead, connected to the external antenna. The wireless controller/chip is soldered to the top of the main circuit board. The antenna lead attaches to a "Chain 0" connector, also on the top of the main circuit board. There is also a place on the board for a "Chain 1" antenna connector, but there is no connector present.

So.... definitely no second antenna, and no second stream. Max speed is 65 mbps.
claibourne

claibourne

Also, the wireless chip in the Rev F appeared to be an AR9227. According to the datasheet, it's a PCI version of the AR9287, which is PCI-E.

The datasheet says it supports 2x2, but apparently Verizon and Actiontec chose not to implement it on the F.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to claibourne

MVM

to claibourne
That would explain it then. Thanks!