spc
uniqs
SlashG42
join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA

SlashG42 to Commbrkdwn

to Commbrkdwn

Re: [LA] Frequent disconnects

Upstream noise issue. Either need a new modem or there's a wiring problem(not necessarily inside your home).
SlashG42

SlashG42

said by SlashG42:

Upstream noise issue. Either need a new modem or there's a wiring problem(not necessarily inside your home).

Bingo!
Commbrkdwn
join:2012-12-31
New Orleans, LA

Commbrkdwn

Tech visited yesterday to isolate noise but connection dropped again today. Called in problem to reported it to Cox tech support & their phone jockey's answer is to perform hard reset on modem & router. Have plenty of practice with resets at this point. Asked phone boy if he would record our outage & he responded we didn't have an outage. So the sorry service continues & they talk a good game but have no solutions.
SlashG42
join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA
·AT&T FTTP

SlashG42

I went through all this several months ago. You need to just keep calling out trucks. After a few, it throws a flag in the system and they will send out a "real" Cox tech, not some ignorant contractor who knows nothing beyond how to crimp RG-6 connectors.

Think I went through 5 contractors before some senior guy came out and found the problem. Later that week they replaced the buried line from my house to the pedestal that two lots over. All is well now.

Your persistence has to be greater than their indifference.