uniqs
share rss forum feed

DadCooks
Premium
join:2005-02-28
Kennewick, WA
reply to BluesFan

Re: [CATV] Does anyone here use TiVo?

Your best bet is to go to your local Charter Office.

When your plan was changed, they did not properly "authorize" your TiVo units.

This has happened to me several times in the past and the Charter Direct Forum was always able to get it fixed in a short period of time. No truck roll is needed, it is a simple "switch" in the software.
--
DadCooks
(aka Eric)

BluesFan
Waiting For A Stanley Cup

join:2002-05-25
Granite City, IL
Well the tech that came out did chat to "someone" and they were verifying the cable card info and such. It seemed like everything was being seen correctly on the other end. I'm guessing maybe the "authorize" part is something different?

I guess the local office would be a better bet than calling or using the online chat feature? I know when I tried the chat feature before, that ended up with the tech at my house.

It's a shame that the direct forum was done away with just as I start to have issues. I guess the phone and chat are just the "read a prompter" first level tech support and do not escalate to anything but a truck roll?

I'd hate for Charter to think my case is closed when I'm still having issues.

ve52001

join:2004-05-11
Duncanville, TX
From my experience with a cable card and TiVo premiere is that the tech that visited my house knew someone at his dispatch that could get my cable card activated. I would just have them come out till someone gets it resolved, this is their problem. I also miss the online help you could get in the forums. Hope they get your TiVo going on all channels soon.