Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy

Re: [Cable] We need an answer on Cogeco now

said by nitzguy:

There was a thread somewhere I read, and I can't remember which one, that said that if they flipped over, they'd have to raise their rates on their 1000 or so subscribers in Chatham to a level they weren't happy with (I believe it was $10/month more or something like that)....

So....unfortunately the Chatham subscribers I believe are holding this back...which is very unfortunate.

This is for sure correct, but there are two more details to keep in mind. Teksavvy (and everyone else) will be forced to go Aggregated by November 2013 anyway, also Aggregated wholesale costs are under review at the CRTC.

There was some talk of pushing for a delay in the Aggregated deadline because Rogers was foot dragging. Now it looks like the Aggregated switch over is planned for summer or fall.

Reading between the lines and projecting from the Rogers side, I think it goes something like this. Cogeco is ready to go, just need to flip the switch. Teksavvy has decided to hold off until one or both of the CRTC pricing review and the aggregated deadline pass. This way they will only have to adjust pricing once for Chatham customers. No matter what, Cogeco on Aggregated is coming by November 2013.

tristen1230
join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON

tristen1230

November. I would rather go with start.