Search similar:

uniqs
mailrup
join:2013-01-01
Mission Viejo, CA

mailrup

[CA] Multiple Dynamic IP addresses (MCA) - Cox

Hi,

I connected a switch to the modem and connected 3 computers to the switch. However, only one PC gets the dynamic IP address. (The same issue was discussed here: »Multiple computers with unique Cox dynamic IPs). Can CoxTechRep help me with this issue ?

-mailrup

qwerty12
@cox.net

qwerty12

Anon

i cant find it on the cox.net website but i believe you have to have ultimate to get the 3 free dhcp ips all other plans are limited to one (this could vary market to market)
nickphx
join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ

nickphx to mailrup

to mailrup
Have you tried logging into your account on cox.net, go to internet tools, add a computer?
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix to mailrup

to mailrup
»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· 00000000
mailrup
Mission Viejo, CA

mailrup

Click for full size
Hey Guyz,

Thanks for all your replies. Here is the screenshot:
Residential Home > My Connection > Internet Tools > Computer Access, the app says "Computers Allowed" = 3. Does this mean that I can get upto 3 cox dynamic public ip addresses without any additional fee ? Let me know.

Thanks in advance!

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl to mailrup

MVM

to mailrup
Why not simply purchase a wired/wireless router and use that to share the cable modem connection instead of paying for extra computers to be connected?

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1 to mailrup

to mailrup
The number of computers allowed being 3 means you can purchase additional IP addresses for 2 more computers for a total of 3. Ultimate Tier customers as an added benefit have 3 dynamic IP addresses included with their package.
mailrup
Mission Viejo, CA

mailrup

Thanks a lot CoxTech. Understood!

@All, thanks for your comments

Have a wonderful new year!