uniqs
smashcraft
Premium Member
join:2011-06-15
Louisville, KY

smashcraft

Premium Member

Bundle thru DirecTV

Hello to all. I am looking to bundle Uverse with DirecTV. I have had DirecTV for over a year now, and previously had Uverse about three years ago. A previous unnamed cable company cut my underground telephone lines that Uverse came in on. If I opt for the self-install with Uverse for Internet and Phone, will a tech come out and replace the line and NID outside of my house? Or will I need to pay for a uverse tech? I wasn't sure what was checked first before service was provided to the house.

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai

As long as you have an RJ11 jack (if your prior Uverse install was a coax homerun, your better off just changing to a full tech install) on your inside wiring that is connected to the NID with few bridge taps ATT won't bill for any work on the outside up to the NID. As long as the cable co didn't cut the line on your side of the NID your good. Worst case scenario, you have to call in after your self install activation date because a tech never tested at your NID prior.
smashcraft
Premium Member
join:2011-06-15
Louisville, KY

smashcraft

Premium Member

I had a coax-run at one time, but it was changed to an RJ11 jack later on after they installed a new CAT5 line to supply signal to the Residential Gateway and to backfeed Uverse Phone back to the NID.

The cable company cut the line on AT&T's side to the NID. As long as that line is just replaced, I should be able to do a self-install. I just wasn't sure if they would check the cut line before my activation date. I cannot go without internet and phone service at the house as my cell phone does not receive sufficient signal and use the internet for my online master's degree so that is why I was asking.
dod1450
join:2013-01-05
Redwood City, CA

dod1450 to smashcraft

to smashcraft
The only problem with this bundle, which I have, they will encourage one to have the ATT television service. This does not make sense if one already has Directv?