spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Nemo888
join:2005-12-25
Canada

Nemo888

Thowing money away

Wow, only one prize won by a customer in the Teksavvy customer appreciation contest.

You look so stupid right now. When I think of the Teksavvy brand I feel mildly annoyed. You paid wads of money to annoy people and produce the opposite result of what you wanted.

The incompetent who thought this up should be canned.
ftp1020
join:2007-01-30
Canada

1 recommendation

ftp1020

I didn't see "customer appreciation" anywhere on it.

Anyplace big enough for a marketing dept *only* concentrates on new customers, and not so much satisfying existing ones. Demands from existing customers are a cost centre whereas new customers are pure ka-ching. In fact, as long as the churn stays positive, you can do whatever you like to existing customers - like screw up their bills, change contract language on the fly, cap or limit service....

This was explained to me by a marketing manager when I asked why tech support resources (for customers) were being sacrificed for a marketing blitz (to NON customers) more succinctly: "we've already GOT their money."

apvm
join:2003-02-14
London, ON

apvm to Nemo888

to Nemo888
If this is customers appreciation, this is a big joke.

tristen1230
join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON

tristen1230 to Nemo888

to Nemo888
Some may have been past customers.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to Nemo888

Premium Member

to Nemo888
Usually contests are for PR purposes, ie. to attract more customers, or at least make people more aware of their services. In today's click and enter climate it may not do as much as they think, but if even a few more people decide to become customers because of it they'll consider it a success.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to apvm

to apvm
Ya know, I've been following these forums for a while now. I understand network costs and the distribution factors thanks to the folks that post here.

I've come to the conclusion that although it's very costly to initially build a network I think the cash return on the investment happens quickly. Rogers started building their cable network 60 years ago. I think that investment has paid for itself a thousand times over. To the point that any signifigant current network upgrades are nothing more than a tax writeoff.

If Rogers can give away $300 XBox systems, subsidize $600 phones etc then I fully think that this whole cable/internet deal is just one big cash cow for incumbents and TPIA dealers alike.

I think they're taking us for the ride of our life. The artificially high user costs are based on nothing more than what the market will bear and consumer demand/lack of competition.

I honestly don't believe any ISP gives a rat's ass about it's customers. I think it's a marketing ploy just to suck more end users into a vicious cycle of yearly rate hikes.

With all the people connected these days, an ISP could charge $10 a month for the top end cable internet tier and still be laughing all the way to the bank.

These so called "Deals and Giveaways, Promotions and Discounts"" don't actually cost the ISP a dime. They're pulling in so much cash these offers aren't even a blip on their radar.

It's just a thought but it's what I believe.....And Yes, I'm still bending over and taking it dry from Rogers. Unless Teksavvy starts a 25/2 tier for $10 a month it's not worth the effort to switch.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to A Lurker

Premium Member

to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

Usually contests are for PR purposes, ie. to attract more customers, or at least make people more aware of their services. In today's click and enter climate it may not do as much as they think, but if even a few more people decide to become customers because of it they'll consider it a success.

You mean because 1% of people ACTUALLY buy what comes into their inbox so that's why we continue to have SPAM?

Oish...well, I hope that the $5k+ that they spent will hopefully generate 50 leads and maybe at a 20% pickup rate, get 10 subscribers on...except that won't make back what they spent....

Makes me angry....

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to Nemo888

Premium Member

to Nemo888
Weren't these things originally customer appreciation give aways in the past (last year at least) ? Little odd giving it away to any joe without a requirement to signup if not.

I really really hope not.

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC
·TELUS
Actiontec T3200M
Arcadyan WE410443-TS
Sipura SPA-2102

1 recommendation

MacGyver to Nemo888

to Nemo888
You obviously don't understand marketing. This contest generated a huge amount of traffic on Facebook. $5000 for PR for a firm bringing in million$ (even Teksavvy) is peanuts.

Also for it to be a true contest, there has to be no purchase necessary - anyone can play. Otherwise it is considered a lottery. »www.smart-biggar.ca/en/a ··· s_id=576

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by MacGyver:

You obviously don't understand marketing. This contest generated a huge amount of traffic on Facebook. $5000 for PR for a firm bringing in million$ (even Teksavvy) is peanuts.

Also for it to be a true contest, there has to be no purchase necessary - anyone can play. Otherwise it is considered a lottery. »www.smart-biggar.ca/en/a ··· s_id=576

Unless it's for customers only, like they've done in the past. A customer only give away and must have been a customer for more then 30 days kind of deal.
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee to Nemo888

to Nemo888
Something tells me Nemo888 won the TV.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to Nemo888

to Nemo888
Why do people find the need to criticize contests and drawings every time there is one?

I don't even understand your post. Are you saying random people won who are not currently teksavvy customers? Why does that matter?

It really shows a lack of maturity and abundance of time to find something negative in a contest that is open to everyone.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by Cloneman:

Why do people find the need to criticize contests and drawings every time there is one?

I don't even understand your post. Are you saying random people won who are not currently teksavvy customers? Why does that matter?

It really shows a lack of maturity and abundance of time to find something negative in a contest that is open to everyone.

Yet you are different how? By insulting people and their "maturity" I guess that makes you different then them being upset over an open contest to the world subsidized by tsi customers.

It's ok to complain about unlimited customers subsidizing smaller tiered customers but this not so much right? They are within. Their right as adults with a sound mind to be a little livid subsidizing a contest to china, Russia, India...anyone...pay for a local mailbox and its yours.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

34764170 (banned) to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

If Rogers can give away $300 XBox systems, subsidize $600 phones etc then I fully think that this whole cable/internet deal is just one big cash cow for incumbents and TPIA dealers alike.

That is the case for Rogers / Bell, etc. with the rates they're charging consumers and with how little it costs them. For independent providers its a whole different game with the insane rates they're charged nowadays for the connectivity to the carriers networks. Also the independent providers probably run with very small amounts of debt where as the big carriers have shit loads of debt. All of these things combined makes a huge difference as to what can be given away by said company. Personally I'd rather have inexpensive Internet with high cap / no cap over expensive Internet with unusable caps and overages so that they can give away Xboxes and other so called "free" hardware.

Another thing... people fail to realize is that most of that "subsidized" phone is paid for by the customer. You don't get something for nothing contrary to such common ignorance about cell phones.
said by elitefx:

With all the people connected these days, an ISP could charge $10 a month for the top end cable internet tier and still be laughing all the way to the bank.

The big carriers can. The independent providers cannot.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Nemo888

Premium Member

to Nemo888
said by Nemo888:

Wow, only one prize won by a customer in the Teksavvy customer appreciation contest.

You look so stupid right now. When I think of the Teksavvy brand I feel mildly annoyed. You paid wads of money to annoy people and produce the opposite result of what you wanted.

The incompetent who thought this up should be canned.

I am sorry you feel this way. This contest was open to all, not just customers, as it was described in the contest information/terms.

No matter how we do it, we will never be able to please everyone.

Regards,

Andre