All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Goliath13
join:2009-07-10

Goliath13 to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704

Re: Alternative to voip.ms ?

I've looked into PBXes as well which is another solution.

It seems to me that if we can get an Asterisk set up going, we would have the most flexibility to go with whichever provider we want. I'm just not super confident in my ability to set it up nicely. How hard would this be to setup for a noob?
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

1 recommendation

SCADAGeo

Premium Member

said by Goliath13:

It seems to me that if we can get an Asterisk set up going, we would have the most flexibility to go with whichever provider we want. I'm just not super confident in my ability to set it up nicely. How hard would this be to setup for a noob?

It's very easy: The 5-Minute PBX: It’s Incredible PBX 11 Virtual Machine for VirtualBox.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to Goliath13

Premium Member

to Goliath13
It's easy to set up Asterisk. But it's not easy to build a fully-featured, high-reliability business phone system. It's certainly possible, and we'll be delighted to give you advice if you need it, but I wouldn't call it easy.

There is some value in using a PBX which allows you to use multiple unreliable service providers, but I would rather use a reliable service provider with PBX features. In this case there are typically fewer points of failure.

My suggestions would be for you to use Anveo if you want to DIY, or otherwise hire a company such as AcroVoice to set up and maintain your system.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer704 to Goliath13

Premium Member

to Goliath13
I've never needed to do that but there are lots of folks here who can advise you.

Note that there are a lot of choices besides Asterisk, such as YATE.

You may want to start a new thread asking for advice on PBX setup.