spc
Search similar:

uniqs
alexg2178
join:2013-01-01
Lakewood, CA

alexg2178

Fios ont not recieving power. Help!

so just this morning my internet and phone stopped working. Checked out my ont and the power led is off and the rest are flashing. I reset the ont and nothing has worked. My bbu says battery needs replacement but is the backup stopping it from working? I also used a current tester on the 16- gauge wires in the ont and it beeped so there is power going to the ont. Any help is really appreciated posting this off my mobile hotspot so i am at home. thanks guys!

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

Call and have a tech come out. The only thing you can try doing is to power cycle the ONT .
alexg2178
join:2013-01-01
Lakewood, CA

alexg2178

that seems my only option but verizon said they couldn't get one out until friday so hopefully something shows up before that

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Make sure the outlet that the ONT power supply is plugged into has power, its not that uncommon to read a circuit break or gfi tripped for other reasons
LeftyGuitar
join:2011-04-16

LeftyGuitar to alexg2178

to alexg2178
This happened to me too. VZ tech came out and all it was was the battery back-up had failed. Why would this make my ONT completely inoperable, after all the reg power was fine. Stupid design if u ask me.

Raphion
join:2000-10-14
Samsara

Raphion to alexg2178

to alexg2178
I believe all lights flashing means the power-up self test failed. Means the ONT itself is dead, not a power problem. If there weren't power, it couldn't flash those lights after all.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to alexg2178

Premium Member

to alexg2178
When a tech comes out, you will see that (almost certainly) the BBU/PS needs to be replaced.