spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Drecca

join:2012-11-21

[Cable] Quebec cable network providers & order/install question

Can anyone let me know what network providers TSI uses for its Quebec cable network? For example, Peer1, InterNAP, etc?

As well, I'm currently with Bell and having some billing & high latency/dropped packet problems with them. Originally signed up for phone/tv/internet, but it'll just drop down to TV once I cancel the other 2.

If I order cable service (20 or 30mbps) in Montreal, how long does it take to setup? I have zero cable services right now, so I think the last mile from videotron only terminates on the box outside, no other cables inside the house.

TheodicalCat

join:2012-12-26

Re: [Cable] Quebec cable network providers & order/install quest

The technician who installs the cable arrives within 4-5 business days. It only takes about 10-15 minutes tops for the tech guy to set everything. However, I am not sure how it will turn out during the holidays.

I am not exactly sure who the provider is-- one of my friends told me it was videotron, since it's one of the few cable providers around Montreal.

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to Drecca
Yes, it is in fact Videotron that serves of the Quebec\Greater Montreal region, tho I think there is another provider in or near the Quebec City region.

Depending on what they need to do, the installation service is fairly quick.

Drecca

join:2012-11-21
reply to Drecca
Oh okay. So TSI uses Videotron's backbone too? I.e : all of their uplink providers, or just the last mile?

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
Just last mile.

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC