how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Midgetmatch

@comcast.net

[Speed] Pay for blast 30mbps/4mbps and am getting 6mbps/1mbps

1) Your location: Boulder, CO

2) The plan that I pay for is 30mbps download / 4 mbps upload. We are consistently getting 6-7mbps download and 1-1.5mbps upload speeds. The internet speeds are drastically lower than what we pa

3) The issue is consistent. Tried various times of day and with three different routers. Also removed any splitters before the modem with no speed difference.

4) Modem model DPC3000. Hardware revision 2.0. Bootloader PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4. Firmware name: dpc3000-v303r2391-100729aCMCST.bin

My house setup is there is a splitter on the outside of the house that provides cables upstairs and downstairs as well as the main level. The internet and tv is on the main level connected with a splitter on the inside of the house. The following is my modem with various splitters removed.

This is with neither splitter connected: »www.dropbox.com/s/ycjmx3qabyi6dh···tter.png

This is with the splitter on the outside of my house disconnected but the splitter that provides my cable and modem with service connected: »www.dropbox.com/s/71gcr0u2j1xsf3···ter-.png

This is with the splitter on the outside of the house connected as well as the splitter as well as the splitter that splits my internet and tv: »www.dropbox.com/s/zgn4h3xe6zq4tu···ters.png

5) Have three different routers: WRT54GL running DD-WRT, RT-N16 running tomato, and WRT54GS2 running stock firmware. Have tested the internet with all three routers and with my computer directly connected to the modem.

6) Have attempted on 5 or 6 computer with various operating systems. Linux, mac, and windows all different firewalls settings ranging from none to some.

• What HSI Tier you are subscribed to: We subscribe to Blast with 30mbps download and 4mbps upload. We are consistently getting 6-7mbps download and 1-1.5mbps upload speeds.

• Speed Tests run directly connected to the modem with no router on linux using both Firefox and Chrome:
»www.speedtest.net/result/2407526033.png

»www.speedtest.net/result/2407539617.png

• Running Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Frontier Communi..
·AT&T U-Verse

Re: [Speed] Pay for blast 30mbps/4mbps and am getting 6mbps/1mbp

Those splitters are making your upstream power level EXTREMELY high. As you can see, in the 3rd photo you lose most of your upstream channels because they all have too much of a power level. Without your splitters your downstream is getting near the high point and your upstream is right on the edge.

That's all I know(Or at least think I know :P). This will just be a bump for now until you get someone to help you fix this or give a solution.

I also wonder if you're provisioned for the 6/1 tier .

Eightcomcast

@comcast.net
reply to Midgetmatch
1-800-COMCAST

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to Midgetmatch
Did you ever see speeds above 6-7 Mbps?
Have you called Comcast to confirm you have the correct config file?