All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Nick21

to Nick21

Re: upstream bonding/ 5 or more downstream thread.

said by Nick21:

kc, you should delete everything after aspx in the link because it reveals your email at the bottom since you posted a personalized link. Anyway I found the Ultimate email offer too.

»corp-mail.timewarnercabl ··· ATE.aspx reveals 50/5 to 100/5

»corp-mail.timewarnercabl ··· RBO.aspx reveals 20/2 to 30/5

They really need to bump upload already. 100/5 is ridiculous.

you have to remember Kansas City is not 100% bonding on the upstream yet so they can't rollout the faster uploads yet. Dallas or NYC could do it now but Dallas could only probably do 10Mbps on extreme and 15Mbps on ultimate as we only have 4 upstreams with a max of 15Mbps per upstream right now with QAM64 so they will have to respace the upstreams to get in more upstream bandwidth if they are in fact going to do 100/25 for ultimate after they get 8 down and 4 up going my area.

Nick21
join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

Nick21

I posted my NYC info above, how much upstream could they launch based on my info? Just curious and thanks for the insight.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Nick21:

I posted my NYC info above, how much upstream could they launch based on my info? Just curious and thanks for the insight.

I really don't know but I have seen conflicting reports from NYC showing QAM64 and QAM16 and others showing QAM16 only so there are 2 TDMA channels at 3.2MHz wide which would be 20Mbps (18Mbps net) and 6.4MHz wide ATDMA at QAM16 would be 20Mbps a piece so total of 40Mbps there and if QAM64 60Mbps total there along with the 18Mbps would be 58Mbps or 78Mbps depending on the modulation.

My node has 15Mbps per channel 3.2MHz wide at QAM64 *4= 60Mbps total.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

you have to remember Kansas City is not 100% bonding on the upstream yet so they can't rollout the faster uploads yet.

Do you really think TWC will update KC's clunker upload speeds? Probably you're correct it doesn't make sense to bond upload channels if they're not going to use it, however, they have a reputation of not caring about the upload speeds so the question is, for how long?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by bluepoint:

said by motorola870:

you have to remember Kansas City is not 100% bonding on the upstream yet so they can't rollout the faster uploads yet.

Do you really think TWC will update KC's clunker upload speeds? Probably you're correct it doesn't make sense to bond upload channels if they're not going to use it, however, they have a reputation of not caring about the upload speeds so the question is, for how long?

I did not say that! I meant is not possible to upgrade the upload speeds if they have not rolled out upstream bonding. kg who is a member here at broadband reports says that parts of Kansas City already have upstream bonding they are just waiting on the rest of the area to have upstream bonding enabled to offer the faster uploads.

Also TWC is expanding upstream bonding to markets where they don't have major competition such as Hawaii, and Columbus OH.
digital808
join:2007-07-28
united state

digital808

I hope Oceanic Cable here in Hawaii increases their upload speeds soon! Local competitor is offering 10Mbps upload speeds along with 50Mbps downloads! I'm also hearing that local competitor is slowly testing fiber to premises in certain areas!

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint

Probably you're correct it doesn't make sense to bond upload channels if they're not going to use it

Bonded upstreams would help heavily congested areas, even if they weren't planning on increasing the caps. They currently use DCC (dynamic channel change requests) to balance unbonded upstreams, and I've noticed a lot of posts from people having problems with disconnections caused by it. It seems silly to use DCC when a D3 modem is capable of bonding.

TW's 5mbps is a lot more than I can get from their competitor in my area. The best AT&T offers me is 3mbps.
mdpeterman
join:2010-10-10
Pflugerville, TX

mdpeterman to motorola870

to motorola870
Why is Columbus a no competition market? I have TWC, WOW and AT&T U-verse all available at my house. TWC and WOW are tied right now with 50/5 offering, even though WOW is a few $ cheaper per month. Wish TWC would upgrade the area to 100+. AT&T U-verse is of course no competition with their 24/3 max.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to djrobx

to djrobx
said by djrobx:

TW's 5mbps is a lot more than I can get from their competitor in my area. The best AT&T offers me is 3mbps.

KC's google offers 1Gbps upload, in my area the competition's slowest upload offerings is 10Mbps. It seems TWC thinks Upload speed is not that important, let's see if they don't get caught with their pants down again.