Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

sivran to Blogger

Premium Member

to Blogger

Re: Danger? What EXACTLY does the following mean.

You're seeing a bit of the guts of the email, nothing to be concerned about. Somewhere along the way, someone had a client that didn't understand (or couldn't find) the pasted picture.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

said by sivran:

You're seeing a bit of the guts of the email, nothing to be concerned about. Somewhere along the way, someone had a client that didn't understand (or couldn't find) the pasted picture.

I believe through some investigating by me I have answered my own question.

When I sent the email with the picture and then received the "reply to" back with the new "red flag" entry I was accessing the Internet through a Time Warner ISP.

Time Warner uses Road Runner mail servers. The socal.rr.com is Road Runner email server.

I simply saw the new and unusual entry referenced in my in fixated my eyes on the part that read socal.rr.com and thought immediately, damn, a fracking "Russian domain." My professional experiences with the "Russians" combined with the "freak" appearance of the entry sent me off the wrong track.

Plus the fact that the wrong track was a suspected Java exploit. Certain really bad bugs that can be very damaging like to use Java and Java has we know carries a lot of potential security baggage.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Blogger:

Time Warner uses Road Runner mail servers. The socal.rr.com is Road Runner email server.

Actually, 'socal.rr.com' is a localized domain for Time Warner Internet Services; specifically for Los Angeles, California. As '@socal.rr.com', it forms part of the email address. As 'pop-server.socal.rr.com' it is the incoming email server. As 'smtp-server.socal.rr.com' it is the message submission server. As 'hrndva-smtpin01.mail.rr.com', and
'hrndva-smtpin02.mail.rr.com', it comprises two MX servers.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

said by Blogger:

Actually, 'socal.rr.com' is a localized domain for Time Warner Internet Services; specifically for Los Angeles, California. As '@socal.rr.com', it forms part of the email address. As 'pop-server.socal.rr.com' it is the incoming email server. As 'smtp-server.socal.rr.com' it is the message submission server. As 'hrndva-smtpin01.mail.rr.com', and
'hrndva-smtpin02.mail.rr.com', it comprises two MX servers.

Time Warner Cable (different entity from Time Warner) doesn't "use" RR email servers. It OWNS RR mail servers. The name has not changed because that would be a logistical nightmare. Road Runner name for TWC internet has changed (due to copy-write and royalty charges for Road Runner logo) to the pathetically unimaginative TW Internet Services but the email servers and addresses will likely never change.
Expand your moderator at work