Gloucester, ON
reply to Perma

Re: Problems with twitch.tv

I stream on twitch, Planetside 2

Shada

join:2007-03-09
Stratford, ON
reply to Guspaz

ok my Twitch streaming of Dota 2 is stuttering again. Anyone else noticing this?

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to suddenfs

said by suddenfs:

Twitch.tv doesn't stream pirated content. Please don't post just to troll.

if you cant get it legally what is the point of trying and dont be a troll on my obvious logic that if ISP's and content people cant do this then Frak them
Expand your moderator at work

Aens

join:2012-11-09
reply to Guspaz

This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes its fine, other times its not. Is this a problem with twitch's latest service change or is it with the routing to teksavvy?

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to Guspaz

I dont use twitch.tv to stream stuff but when I stream stuff like tv shows/movies(not youtube)/videos(youtube) during the hours of 5pm>2am+ I can't even watch it without buffering. I am on 28/1 located in Ottawa and the congestion here is ridiculously slow. My speed test results look fabulous you would never think it will take this long to load a 20minute video. It's not the host thats the problem for sure because I can connect to my friends network who is on Rogers 25/2 and can load it just fine any hour of the day as if theres no such thing as congestion for them.

We really need the upgrade soon or I can see a lot of people from ottawa quitting TSI its very annoying to wait 5mins to load a short 20minute 320p video........

Oxblood

join:2013-02-06
York, ON
reply to Aens

This has never been a problem for me before. It does not seem to be intermittent as I have tried at mid day on weekdays as well as like 3-5am and all hours of the weekend.

I am paying for 10Mbps download and would think that i should be able to stream 480p.

As I am currently not paying for multiple internet lines I'm not in a position to test if it is just TekSavvy or if it is the feed from Twitch, although I would think you would see more on the twitch forums if it was their problem.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

as i mentioned earlier, it's a problem with TSI's network since other providers are fine, including Start which i switched to last week and havne't had a single problem with twitch and i watch a few streams every day. youtube also isn't an issue with Start.

Aens

join:2012-11-09
reply to Guspaz

Still no resolution to this? Problem is still intermittent. Trying to watch Proleague at 720p+ and its still stuttering terribly. Other Twitch content earlier was fine though.

»www.teamliquid.net/video/streams···e/popout

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Guspaz

Tried to watch Nxzl.Virsoul's stream last night. Unwatchable; it spent more time frozen than playing. And this is a live stream, so you can't buffer.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

kabes

join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guspaz

Bumping this since it's still a problem.

Trying to watch the starcraft MLG tourney right now on twitch and its completely unwatchable in 720p. Freezes every 2 seconds. 360p is the only one that works, but that's garbage quality.

Incredibly frustrating...

Cable 28/1 in kitchener

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to kabes

said by kabes:

Bumping this since it's still a problem.

Trying to watch the starcraft MLG tourney right now on twitch and its completely unwatchable in 720p. Freezes every 2 seconds. 360p is the only one that works, but that's garbage quality.

Incredibly frustrating...

Cable 28/1 in kitchener

Yes, very disappointing (DSL 25/7) in Ottawa. I've given up trying to stream "720p" or higher. As of right now the 720p is fine but that's an exception.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
reply to Guspaz

I'm viewing the MLG Starcrat II tourney in 1080p flawlessly atm.

A A

join:2013-02-14
reply to Guspaz

stream fine, cable @ mcnicol

DraziGuy

join:2012-05-25
St Catharines, ON
reply to kabes

I was having the same problem trying to watch League through Twitch on Lolesports.com. I switched over to the MLG Twitch feed and it has been perfect for over an hour. Something strange is happening if it streams terribly at lolesports.com but perfectly at the MLG site, even when they are using the same video provider.

jibby

join:2008-03-31
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guspaz

personally im seeing problems (high latency bad throughput) when my connection routes through TATA (as6453), but is fine when going out through HE, torix or basically anything else

makes gaming near impossible (150+ pings)

but doesn't happen 24/7. i can have a perfectly normal ping for 2 hours through TATA and then boom 160 on the same route for 2 hours and then it'll drop to 100 and creep slowly down to 30

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

1 edit

I'm having troubles streaming Twitch at 720P, watching MLG SC2. Usually it's fine, but every so often, it'll glitch.

Holy crap. What is Life? Even God has tough times dealing with Life.

Perma

join:2011-12-20
reply to Guspaz

I couldn't stream MLG League of Legends in 1080p tonight without it stopping every few seconds. It was fine in 480p

dipsen

join:2013-03-17
Kitchener, ON

I've been experiencing lag while viewing streams on Twitch.tv as well (Teksavvy Cable customer).

Has anyone contacted Teksavvy Support about this recently? I haven't seen an update from them in this thread since last month, wondering if this is still on their radar.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

We are definitely investigating this, I would suggest you post in the direct forum as we would need some details from you, traceroutes/speedtests etc so we can send the info to our NOC team to investigate.
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·loclhost.ca
reply to Guspaz

I am also having trouble with twitch.tv, specifically

»twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho

The video and audio skip every 3 seconds making it unbearable.

Youtube is also buffering again at anything 480+

:/

singsonn

join:2009-08-12
Montreal, QC
reply to Guspaz

Yes, I also noticed that Youtube was really slow last night, same with tou.tv (Radio-Canada catch-up TV website).

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

New thread guys.

»[Cable] YouTube and Twitch Slowdowns. Again..

BrianS

@teksavvy.com
reply to Guspaz

Yeah having lots of trouble here (Toronto Teksavvy Cable Customer).

All streaming has been terrible.. buffers then stops - not a router issue - just a network issue.

Regardless of video player/site, anything above 480p is pushing it (28 package)