uniqs
tim92078
join:2010-07-15
San Marcos, CA

tim92078 to dvd536

to dvd536

Re: Cox All Home DVR

said by dvd536:

And this is where cox is double dipping by charging extra for the hd channels you're already paying for.

But they're "free" it says so right here
»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· tion.cox
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

The only reason why they can advertize free is because your NOT paying for the HD, they could be asses and decide to charge $10.00 for the extra HD content, but they DON'T so legally, it's FREE. I do agree that double dipping is wrong, but, lack of "who gives a shit.." and competition doesn't give them a reason why they shouldn't be this way..

Besides, it's mostly premium and I refuse to pay $40.00 a month for movies I can get elsewhere....

-Rob

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to tim92078

Premium Member

to tim92078
said by tim92078:

said by dvd536:

And this is where cox is double dipping by charging extra for the hd channels you're already paying for.

they're *not* free rob[i dont know how many times ive told you this]

if the hd was really 'free', the sd and hd box would rent the same. same for the dvr.

so do you subscribe to any premium channels? you do? only getting 2 hds on your premiums? theres the cash grab. you gotta have the whole home dvr AND plus pak[all you get here are the rest of the hd channels you're already paying for!!1]

how convenient they put all those above 860mhz and theres only one box that has 1ghz tuners. yep you guessed it: WHDVR!
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

said by dvd536:

said by tim92078:

said by dvd536:

they're *not* free rob[i dont know how many times ive told you this]

if the hd was really 'free', the sd and hd box would rent the same. same for the dvr.

so do you subscribe to any premium channels? you do? only getting 2 hds on your premiums? theres the cash grab. you gotta have the whole home dvr AND plus pak[all you get here are the rest of the hd channels you're already paying for!!1]

how convenient they put all those above 860mhz and theres only one box that has 1ghz tuners. yep you guessed it: WHDVR!

The HD boxes have better hardware higher price.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by ajwees41:

The HD boxes have better hardware higher price.

HD hardware is basically commodity these days and in some more competitive areas customers actually GET their 'free hd' as the boxes rent the same.