spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie

buy 24 hour clock

Does anyone know where to buy a 24 hour wall clock in Ontario?
One with 24 hours that differentiates between 10 and 22.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

»www.thesource.ca/estore/ ··· 380DD928
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie

How about a big analog one?
Bob Anderson
join:2001-05-05
Ottawa, ON

Bob Anderson

I think on a 24 hour analogue clock it would be difficult to read the minutes. A typical 12 hour wall clock is a foot in diameter, to get the same readability on a 24 hour clock it would have to be two feet in diameter.

-Bob

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to bjlockie

Premium Member

to bjlockie
As in an analogue face that reads from 01:00 to 24:00?

They exist, but are a specialty item, for sure... Probably have to order one online, to be honest...
Bob Anderson
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

Bob Anderson

»www.newgrounds.com/porta ··· w/442665

Cool clock app! It taps in to your computer clock for the time.

-Bob
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to bjlockie

to bjlockie
Not sure why you just don't use Google? I know it does require some training, but still...

Here's one link: »www.durhamradio.com/mfj- ··· ada.html
Bob Anderson
Ottawa, ON

Bob Anderson

I notice that some 24 hour analogues show midnight as 24. This is not the accepted standard. Midnight is 0 hours, five minutes after is either 00:05 or 0:05. This is what is used in all the world's military, aviation and nautical clocks. It is the same for digital readouts. You can see this by changing your computer clock to midnight.

-Bob

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Bob Anderson

Premium Member

to Bob Anderson
said by Bob Anderson:

I think on a 24 hour analogue clock it would be difficult to read the minutes. A typical 12 hour wall clock is a foot in diameter, to get the same readability on a 24 hour clock it would have to be two feet in diameter.

Every analog 24 hour clock I've seen does 1-12 in one colour, then repeats from 13 to 00 in another colour (usually red) next to 1-12. They don't actually have 24 separate positions for each hour positions on the clock.

I'm sure there are ones that do 0 to 23, but that's not anything I've ever seen in an environment that actually runs on 24 hour time.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Bob Anderson

Premium Member

to Bob Anderson
Three words: Made in China!

I have the same complaint of IIII, it’s not a valid roman numeral however, because of ignorance, religion, superstition, and finally tradition it’s forced itself as the "defector standard" on clock faces.
Bob Anderson
Ottawa, ON

Bob Anderson

I once saw an explanation why Big Ben used IIII for four instead of IV. It had to do with the angle that people on the street would see IV as unreadable. That explanation may have just been made up, I don't know. I called the clock tower Big Ben but I know that actually refers only to the big bell, not the clock. But everyone calls the tower Big Ben anyways.

-Bob

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

It started long before the Tower Clock was built, the earliest example dates back to the 1300's. The truth is know one knows for certain why IV became IIII, or why its never been corrected.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to bjlockie

to bjlockie
I like this one thew best. Starts at zero

»www.durhamradio.com/mfj- ··· ada.html

FaxCap

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to bjlockie

Premium Member

to bjlockie
Look at big stationary suppliers catalogs.