All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop

[Internet] Internet usage tracker for Bell

I'll be switching over to Fibe Internet (shudder) in order be able to get Fibe TV

Last time I tried a trial for Fibe, the tracker did not work, has it been fixed?

My kids use a lot of Netflix, the on demand channels should alliviate some of that but going from 250GB to 75GB is scary (from 0.50/GB overage to whatever Bell charges is even scarier) I will want to track this as often as possible for the first few months to see if I need to add more
Drecca
join:2012-11-21

Drecca

It doesn't work for at least the first month. When I switched, I contacted Bell twice to get it fixed, and it wasn't fixed until the next billing period.

Be careful, as they also try to charge you overages, even when you can't check your usage.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop

lol, typical Bell.

The family wanted Fibe TV so I finally caved as it really is much better than what Videtron offers

. I have no doubt the experience will be a nightmare and that the great promo I received will be honored after about a dozen calls (not a fan of Bell).

I'll be keeping my other internet connection for at least a few weeks and then I will have to pay close attention to the logs on my router lol.
Drecca
join:2012-11-21

Drecca to Dunlop

to Dunlop
I finally got the overage credited. It took going to the Bell Direct forum on DSLr and getting someone who knows how to do their job properly.

I really enjoy working with those who care about the job they do. The people I spoke on the phone to did not seem to care at all.

That said, be prepared to "fight" with Bell to get them to credit any overage while your tracker is not working. I also have my own mysterious billing issues where the prices keep going up, but that's another story for another thread.