Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

oneonthefly

join:2013-01-02
Whitby, ON

1 edit

ruined xmas.. ty tek sav

soo,.. as a single parent to three kids, all they wanted and i could afford for xmas was internet service. I checked out tek sav. as seems like a good thing ? i checked the website to confirm service was available in my large centre (whitby ontario). i called the number and again they confirmed the install and availablilty. they sent me an invoice, and welcomed me to the tek sav. family in emails. i paid the invoice and modem costs, and was promised install for dec 28 2012. xmas morning all that was under the tree was a posterboard with Internet written on it by the kids. tek savey was delivering the connection dec 28, so they told me repeatedly. on dec 26 i get a phone call, saying, opps.. service you ordered, paid for, and we confirmed several times is not available in your area. then i recieved an email confirming me cancelling the service that i never did get. i had to break the news to three teens that this company, that claims to be different, better, dependable, and no nonsense, let us down with false promises. so after let down i say, do i get my money back ? they say maybe, after i send back the modem i did not recieve yet. dec 29 i go to post office and refuse delivery of modem as per their instructions. so now i sit and wait for some promised refund so i can actualy try to get serive elsewhere, and deliver the xmas gift that never was yet. thank you tek sevvey for wrecking a large part of our xmas. thank you for the let down due to your incompentance. i understand if service is not available in our area of 180,00 people, what i dont understand is why your website said sure, you took my money, made promises, made commitments, and then said oppss.. not our fault. i sent emails and i just get,.. opps not our fault. well the fake comitment that service was available in my area was not the fault of the grinch, but rather a compant that seems not to know their ass froma hole in the ground. i am not bitter, i am hurt that a company that promotes itself as caring, and you will be looked after seems to not give a rats ass..

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Hi oneonthefly,

I sincerely apologize that you had this happen to you. Especially that you were gifting it to your family.

I can assure you that we don't take pleasure in these events.

As far as qualifications go for major services, we rely on the incumbents area of coverage. For some, we have a portal we verify service availability and for others we have a list of postal codes we go by. From time to time, we have this situation happen and it sucks...

I would like to make sure that we take corrective action for your area (mark it as non-serviceable for your area) and I would like to see if we can provide you other services.

If you don't mind, can you please PM me your account details?

Once again, I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

oneonthefly

Whitby, ON

ty..

Ticket#2012122610007033 ? that enuff info for you to follow up on ?

oneonthefly

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Yes. JonF and I are looking into it as we speak.

I will come back to you shortly.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to oneonthefly

Tough set of circumstances, especially playing out over Christmas like that. I trust this will get worked out today and you'll be able to make arrangements for reliable service one way or the other.

Please do keep us posted on the outcome.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
reply to oneonthefly

Hi oneonthefly,

As per our phone conversation. We are sorry that this activation went though, And I am sorry that none of the options that we had for you would work.

In the future, If you wish to get our DSL service, Please keep us in mind. We would be happy to have you apart of the Teksavvy family!

Thank you for your time talking to us today.
--
TSI Jon F (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

reply to TSI Andre

tek sav. called me,.. offered dry loop phone line serv. ( 6 mps ?) at costs that makes it impractical for me (approx 70 tax in) , (as compared to the fast cable unlimited they first said they could do for ) , when higher speeds with other two big players be cheaper for much faster. ty for trying and offering alternative, if that is all they could do. i guess i wait for refund and shop around again ...

oneonthefly

Whitby, ON
reply to JonF

hello,. ty for call and one offer,.. the dry loop 6 mbps for approx 70 tax in is far to much compared to the other big two providers,. and far more than the cable first offered for speed and service... guess i'll wait and hope for refund and shop around again.. ty for trying

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by oneonthefly:

hello,. ty for call and one offer,.. the dry loop 6 mbps for approx 70 tax in is far to much compared to the other big two providers,. and far more than the cable first offered for speed and service... guess i'll wait and hope for refund and shop around again.. ty for trying

Wasn't the refund issue dealt with?

Mike
--
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

oneonthefly

Whitby, ON

they say they will send em refund soon,. when modem gets back to them,. i refused accept it at post office per thier instructions,.. so hopefully i'll get refund soon in mail i guess? i'll wait for that then shop around... few more days or weeks without xmas present for kids i guess.. all i can do.. after all this, tek sav still claims up to rogers to authorize a service... i still fail to see why this auth. is not confirmed 100% before tek accepts money and welcomes one into their family.. cart before the horse in my humble opinion..?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

2 recommendations

said by oneonthefly:

they say they will send em refund soon,. when modem gets back to them,. i refused accept it at post office per thier instructions

Seems to me that the least TSI can do under the circumstances is verify that delivery was in fact refused (one phone call) and issue a refund (a half dozen mouse clicks / key strokes).

TSI? Come on man. Make it right.

Mike
--

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to oneonthefly

The refund was sent to you on December 28th. Since we sent it through mail, and with the holidays, It will take a few days.

oneonthefly

Whitby, ON

i recieved part refund today ty.. modem should be back to you too shortly, as per canada post..

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to oneonthefly

Great. And again, Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to oneonthefly

If you can't get DSL from TSI, you probably won't get it from anyone other then BHELL, so shopping around won't really help.

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to oneonthefly

Check Start.ca. If you need cheap internet with lots of bandwidth they are the next to check. If your area is a Cogeco cable area they would more likely offer it. Possibly DSL too...

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to dillyhammer

(topic move) ruined xmas.. ty tek sav

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 10 followups to it), have been removed.

oneonthefly

Whitby, ON
reply to tristen1230

Re: ruined xmas.. ty tek sav

i recieved full refund from tek sav. apart from a bitter tast in mouth, and still can't figure out why they will not confirm 100% before taking money and "welcoming me to tek savvey family" that they can or cannot offer service ?
what other business takes money and sends equipment, then says, sorry, we cannot offer what we promised and can't have you as customer ?? they need to fix thatsomehow, and stop blaming rogers and bell on thier overzelousness i think. i understand rogers and bell owns lines and says yehh or neeh,.. just saying tek savvey needs to stop putting the cart before the horse.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

2 edits
reply to oneonthefly

The tools TSI and customer uses to determine if they can get service is provided by BHell and by Robbers so if the tools gives a false positive that's how it happens. Most of the time probably works well enough but there have been cases like yours posted here from time to time.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

Shikomu

join:2007-11-16
Ontario
reply to tristen1230

I 2nd the Start.ca. I just switched as Teksavvy could not offer Cable in my Area but Start could at similiar price.

Expand your moderator at work

oneonthefly

Whitby, ON
reply to Shikomu

Re: ruined xmas.. ty tek sav

ty for tip on start communication,.. they came by,.. set up cable internet and cheaper, faster and better service than rogers ! and not a let down like tsi ...