Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

Re: Modem security

Maybe...LOL...touche...can't type that correctly...have no idea how to find it in Win 8...the OS from Hell.

BUT Oceanic did that only because they were out of the EXTREMELY POPULAR Surfboard 6141 then. I took the junk back and got a 6141.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

Maybe...LOL...touche...can't type that correctly...have no idea how to find it in Win 8...the OS from Hell.

BUT Oceanic did that only because they were out of the EXTREMELY POPULAR Surfboard 6141 then. I took the junk back and got a 6141.

Believe it or not, just because you and your ISP in paradise do it one way, that does not mean that most ISPs do it that way. Here on the mainland, many ISPs (both cable and telco based) are indeed pushing modem/router gateway boxes to their customers. In some cases, the customers have no choice (AT&T's U-verse comes to mind), and in some cases the customer can either insist on a standard bridge modem or purchase their own. But the ISPs are indeed pushing combo gateway boxes (which in most cases, the ISP has full control of) to their customers.