All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
bshampine
join:2010-04-08
Gouverneur, NY

bshampine to Racerbob

to Racerbob

Re: OK, we are slow again...on Extreme !

Samething happening to me im near watertown, ny I wonder if enrolling to 50/5 would make a difference.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by bshampine:

Samething happening to me im near watertown, ny I wonder if enrolling to 50/5 would make a difference.

Well I am now feeling that this is a capacity issue once again and I thought that running Extreme that we would not see issues like this. I do not believe that switching to 50/5 would make a difference at all, except with what is left in your wallet after paying your monthly bill.

Late last night we returned to normal speeds here. This morning I am also seeing normal levels. Testing right at or just above the 30/5 level. I will test again early this evening to see if there is a repeat of what we saw last night.

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY

PCInTech to bshampine

Premium Member

to bshampine
I'm in Massena, and this morning, I've completely lost connection over 7 times that I know of. My speeds have gone to pot, and attempting speedtest to any TWC server will give me wonky download, sometime normal, sometime 1M. Uploads will time out and not complete, all levels here look normal, but yet modem keeps losing connection and reboots. Hmm.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

I wonder if this is weather related ? We had about 7° for a low this morning, must be as cold or colder up there ?

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

It was colder yesterday, and it was working perfectly. Funny, was on online chat with one of their "tech analysts" and modem kept disconnecting, he told me to reboot it. Well, I did, then it rebooted itself, a few more times. He then tells me to REBOOT my computer! He said that would solve everything. HAHAHAHAHA, yes, it solved his problem, because it disconnected out chat so he got rid of me.
hotshot187
join:2008-04-07
Webster, NY

hotshot187

PCINTECH,

Your issue sounds like a signal problem. Please post your signals for you cable modem. Type »192.168.100.1/ in your address bar.

PCInTech
Premium Member
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by hotshot187:

PCINTECH,

Your issue sounds like a signal problem. Please post your signals for you cable modem. Type »192.168.100.1/ in your address bar.

All through this, all of my signal levels have been right on the money. I'm sure they were doing something on the system, as they have been back to normal for going on 4 hours now. Several other people in town were complaining, too. But, for now, speeds and stability are back to normal.
hotshot187
Webster, NY

hotshot187

Steve,

I am also receiving upload errors on Rochester and Buffalo servers.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

Well Syracuse test is back to normal right now.

hotshot187
Webster, NY

hotshot187

Buffalo server is pulling bout 17 megs down right now.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by hotshot187:

Buffalo server is pulling bout 17 megs down right now.

I don't know, I am fine so far this evening. Just pulled 31 down at Buffalo, but still upload error.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

I am getting an Upload error on the Buffalo test, Its been reported.

Hob
hobgoblin

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

The upload error should be resolved.

Hob

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Stacy to PCInTech

Premium Member

to PCInTech
said by PCInTech:

I'm in Massena, and this morning, I've completely lost connection over 7 times that I know of. My speeds have gone to pot, and attempting speedtest to any TWC server will give me wonky download, sometime normal, sometime 1M. Uploads will time out and not complete, all levels here look normal, but yet modem keeps losing connection and reboots. Hmm.

Two outages today which brings the count up to at least four for the week - not counting the nightly 2 am outage. First one today was short but the second lasted about two hours. Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight.

orangegecko
join:2005-01-12
Clay, NY

orangegecko

Make sure you call them up and tell them to give you billing credit for the outages. Even though it might be small, it all adds up.