donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to oneonthefly

Premium Member

to oneonthefly

Re: [Rant] tek savvey ruined xmas

They are at the mercy of Bell for DSL. If Bell had given them incorrect info (very likely) then they would not have known until Bell went to put the order in and they come back with a no can do.
oneonthefly
join:2013-01-02
Whitby, ON

oneonthefly

hello, ty for replies,, was through rogers i think,.. i realzie nothing they could do once rogers says no,.. my beef is why promise and go ahead with all this before they confirm and check they can deliver ? i did video production,.. imagine i said to a bride sure,.. i'll video your wedding, got deposit, etc.. then before wedding said,. geee, your in BC and i am in ON... guess i can't come there easy... guess they should of checked before they took my money and made the commitment ? why would their website checker thing say sure,,. we can give you service ? was pure misrepresentation i believe.. take money and see later seems to be thier ploy... they need to check with rogers before wheels go in motion ? don't you think too ?

apvm
join:2003-02-14
London, ON
Linksys WRT1900AC
SmartRG SR505N
Huawei HG612

apvm

I say move on and look for another ISP since you had bad experience with them. Unless of course if they offer you a special deal on something that they can deliver.

The bottom line here is when it comes to your relationship with any ISP, your wallet is always your best friend.
oneonthefly
Whitby, ON

oneonthefly

hi see other thread... they called me short time ago,.. offered dry loop ? with 6 mbps ? said prob end up 2 or 3 as poor area for it or something to that efffect.. for 70 appr tax in,.. sooo ,.. looks like i can get far faster for less with other two providers in area... and not near what tek sav offered (fast cable for less) in first place.. wait for my money back and shop around i guess..

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by oneonthefly:

hi see other thread... they called me short time ago,.. offered dry loop ? with 6 mbps ? said prob end up 2 or 3 as poor area for it or something to that efffect.. for 70 appr tax in,.. sooo ,.. looks like i can get far faster for less with other two providers in area... and not near what tek sav offered (fast cable for less) in first place.. wait for my money back and shop around i guess..

They will all have the same problem The dry loop is DSL and it runs on the same wire no matter who your ISP is so the speeds will be the same. Those speeds are just an estimate, they are basing it on others in your area, you may get a bit more or you may get a bit less. If Rogers says you cannot get cable internet, no one else will be able to supply it either.

Bottom line: You may pay less, but not for more speed.
oneonthefly
Whitby, ON

oneonthefly

i had rogers last year,,, was super fast.. and bell offers really high speeds here.. just thought i would give the third place team a chance... and i liked the sound of their website, more personal service, no b.s. and long term lock ins, according to reports a fast and growing company that was doing alot right, and fighting for unlimited caps etc... i would like to use them and back them if i could, even if were same costs as the other two bigger ones.. i currently have no phones or net in house for few months,.. hard but fun and rewarding being single dad of three, guess i'll get net again soon if can.. ohh update,. i did reciev epartial refund from tek sav in mail as promised,... waiting on modem return , and i have conf. from canad apost irt was returned,.. so that be just a few more days i guessing..

mike0z
@teksavvy.com

mike0z

Anon

teksavvy uses rogers network for cable (rogers owns all the wires on the streets basically) As i understand it there is an automated system teksavvy uses to confirm availability. This was notorious for being inaccurate in the early days when teksavvy first started offering cable, but it has become much better over time. unfortunately, still not 100% as proven in your situation. on the plus side your bad experience will likely save any of your surrounding neighbors from having a similar experience with teksavvy

DSL "dry loop" is required as you do not have an active phone line with bell. Unfortunately this means that Bell charges you a fee to have a line for internet purposes only. your rant is justified and we all agree, BUT the position teksavvy has in the marketplace there is little they can do but apologize and refund your money.

Rogers is expensive, and offers low bandwidth caps but it may be your only option unless you want to go with another ISP that uses rogers network (start.ca for example)