Search similar:

uniqs

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Transmaster

Dream On Intel

I remember back in the 1990's when people in the know warned about letting the TV entertainment business becoming vertically integrated, content delivery companies owning everything from the production companies to the distribution companies. Well now the chickens are coming home to roost. Because the same companies own everything from beginning to end they have total control over that content and they will not let anything horn into this profitable vertical chain. Goodby Intel, now you know why Google TV is morbid, and Apple TV is a corporate hobby.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit

Surely this is prime antitrust here. Microsoft got sued for a freagin browser, yet these studios and networks are deliberately hampering and restricting competition but get to go on scot-free.

Just another example of the failure of this self-regulation idiocy. When will this political party learn that their gut-feelings never work and have failed for 30 years straight now.
Angrychair
join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL

Angrychair

"Antitrust"...

What a quaint notion. Now thank your Republican anti-regulation overlords.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Terabit

MVM

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

When will this political party learn that their gut-feelings never work and have failed for 30 years straight now.

Which party would "this" be? Republicrats? Demicans?

"Meet the new Boss; same as the old Boss."
dagg
join:2001-03-25
Galt, CA

1 recommendation

dagg to Terabit

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

Surely this is prime antitrust here.

antitrust doesnt exist in a burgeoning fascist state.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Transmaster

Premium Member

to Transmaster
said by Transmaster:

I remember back in the 1990's when people in the know warned about letting the TV entertainment business becoming vertically integrated, content delivery companies owning everything from the production companies to the distribution companies. Well now the chickens are coming home to roost. Because the same companies own everything from beginning to end they have total control over that content and they will not let anything horn into this profitable vertical chain. Goodby Intel, now you know why Google TV is morbid, and Apple TV is a corporate hobby.

Dust this decision off and re-apply it everywhere, including ISP's ....
United States v. Paramount Pictures, Inc., et. al
»supreme.justia.com/cases ··· 334/131/

Megsta
@comcast.net

Megsta to Angrychair

Anon

to Angrychair
said by Angrychair:

"Antitrust"...

What a quaint notion. Now thank your Republican anti-regulation overlords.

Yet it's liberals and democrats who generally want more government oversite, more regulation, and bigger government in general. Something doesn't add up there.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Transmaster

Premium Member

to Transmaster
said by Transmaster:

Didn't the government stop the studios from owning the theaters for pretty much this very reason?

Now we have the theater owning the studio(well in effect Comcast owning NBC is like AMC Theaters buying WB.) and nobody in the government seems to care.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to Megsta

MVM

to Megsta
They BOTH have done a stellar job of creating bigger govt...

jfleni
@bhn.net

jfleni to Terabit

Anon

to Terabit
Free Enterprise(!) anybody!