spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17
reply to sofakng3

Re: [General] Recommendation for VOIP service?

I set up a friend with a OBi110 and GV as her Home phone system over 1-1/2 years ago and she is very happy with the setup. I also setup E911 using Anveo, at $0.80 per month. She also set up CallwithUs for all her international outgoing calls on one of her Gateway accounts. The system offers a number of fairly neat Call Treatment features per Contact (such as call blocking, send to Voicemail, etc. per GV Contact). In cases where CallWithUs is having issues to a specific destination, she can use the Anveo line (SP2) for International calls also. So, she has three provider options for placing outgoing calls if she so chooses. There are thousands of OBi users out there using GV as their primary telephone provider, but ultimately it is your decision which direction to take.

sofakng3

join:2007-08-25
Kingston, PA

That sounds similar to what I'm thinking as well...

...but how is she using three providers with the OBi110? (GV, Anveo, and CallCentric?) I think it only supports 2 providers.

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17

All the OBi ATAs have 8 Voice Gateway accounts that can be used to set up other providers that allows outgoing calls without registration. This Voice Gateway cannot accept incoming calls, only outgoing!

said by sofakng3:

That sounds similar to what I'm thinking as well...

...but how is she using three providers with the OBi110? (GV, Anveo, and CallCentric?) I think it only supports 2 providers.