spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777

Anon

Teksavvy = lip service, no action

My Teksavvy DSL continues (since october) to drop several times per day. I always have full sync, just no internet. Back on December 18th I got lots of lip service on this forum, from Andre, and eventually someone (Jon) did finally return my call for support. I spoke to him breifly and he said he would get back to me

Still haven't heard back from anyone. Internet still drops constantly while I maintain full dsl sync.

Despite asking repeatedly, Nobody at Teksavvy has explained to me how I can have full DSL sync, confirmed by their own tech support, but no internet.

JonF
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

JonF

Premium Member

Hi Mark777,

I am here. If you can PM me your info I will look into this immediately. I do apologize it has taken so long for this to be actioned.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

Tek isn't alone in this regard. I've had similar issues with Cogeco and Bhell. Bhell's attitude is that if a webpage will load (eventually) then the internet is fine. Cogeco denied there was a problem.

Tek unfortunately wasn't much better. They acknowledged there was a problem, isolated it to their static IPs, tried to do a few things to fix it (Bhell techs were dispatched) but after months of not getting back to me I just stayed on dynamic IP (while I was still charged the static IP price). That was eventually fixed and the amounts credited and it's been rock solid but what I can do with it is limited now.

I do understand though, no company can have the resources to track down every packet loss issue. They're probably just keeping up with the major/every issues.

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777

Anon

I did pm Jon again today and have heard nothing so far. Internet keeps dropping in the meantime. Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not on a static IP.

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to Mark777

Premium Member

to Mark777
Last State Change: 01/02 16:15:22 (Uptime: 900)
Line Profile: al2_d6016-6016-384_u512-512-256
DLM State: DISABLED | Equip. Type: OSLAM
Sync Rate: d6016.0/u512.0 kbps
RCO: d84.0/u64.0%
Noise Margin: d9.0/u16.0 dB
Power: d7.0/u12.0 dB
Attenuation: d6.0/u2.0 dB (Approx. Distance: 0.43~0.44km)
Block Count: d193712.0/u33164.0

Hi Mark777,

Line stats look good. When the internet goes down, does the DSL light go out when you loose internet?
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

A last state change of only 15 minutes prior to your checking is "good" to you? That means he resynced 15 minutes before you checked.

While it's possible he rebooted the modem and that's the state change you're seeing, it is still somewhat concerning to see a loss of sync like that....

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to Mark777

Premium Member

to Mark777
Line STATS. I understand the line has made a state change 15 minutes ago, but it could be from anything. (changing modems, Changing Telephone cables etc.)

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777

Anon

I have maintained DSL sync throughout all of this, as I said earlier in this post "Despite asking repeatedly, Nobody at Teksavvy has explained to me how I can have full DSL sync, confirmed by their own tech support, but no internet."

I had to reboot to get internet back -- lost internet again wiithout losing DSL sync -- but that was a while ago , it might have been 15 minutes before your post but I think it was earlier than that.

It happens too often now to keep track. In fact, I've had to teach the children to cycle the router & modem.

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails

Anon

i was waiting for that r word to pop up...

you need to test this for a day or two sans router before this can really move forward much more..

helix9
join:2000-01-03
Wiarton, ON

1 recommendation

helix9

I had the most frustrating 2 or 3 months where the connection would just freeze up - no data passed either direction. The modem would never lose sync and the connection was effectively dead.

Finally went on the support forums for my computer and it turned out that the broadcom netextreme onboard network adapter would not reliably handle full duplex connections. I switched to 100mbit half duplex and never had a single occurrance since.

If you're using windows you could check your settings under Network Adapters using Device Manager.

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777

Anon

Ran for over a year with no problems prior to this.
Have tried different modems and routers and the problem persists.

AGAIN Can ANYONE please explain how I can have full DSL sync, and Teksavvy support communicating with my modem and confirming the DSL sync, good line stats and modem operation, all the while with the DSL light on my 2 wire modem solid green but the internet light solid red (and obviously no internet) all throughout this testing?

Same results when plugged into the demark jack and with ALL different routers, modems, wires, and rest of the house disconnected.

I blame Teksavvy.
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf to Mark777

to Mark777
It might help to narrow down the problem if you do a little bit of testing next time it happens....

What happens if you try to ping your router directly? What about pinging a publicly routable IP address like Google DNS (8.8.8.8)? Does it fail on DNS resolve? If you do a ping -n 1000 (to send 1000 packets), do *some* packets get through? What about a traceroute?

Right now, it could be your connection from the PC to the router, it could be the router itself, and it could still be your modem (overheating, or a possible chipset conflict with the SLAM you're connected to)

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777

Anon

Sincere thanks for the thoughts, but:
Router pings fine.
Can't ping public IP without internet.
Can't be connection from the PC to the router, or the router itself, or the modem (overheating, or a possible chipset conflict with the SLAM you're connected to), because I've changed every bit hardware and wire several times and the problem persists.

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to Mark777

Premium Member

to Mark777
Hi Mark,

I was looking over your account a little more, and see that we have double log ins.

Can I get you to remove the router and go direct to the modem to see if there is internet direct?

Thanks!
nbinont
join:2011-03-13

nbinont to JonF

to JonF
said by JonF:

Sync Rate: d6016.0/u512.0 kbps
RCO: d84.0/u64.0%
Noise Margin: d9.0/u16.0 dB
Power: d7.0/u12.0 dB
Attenuation: d6.0/u2.0 dB (Approx. Distance: 0.43~0.44km)

How, exactly, do those line stats look good? The line is at 84% RCO on the downlink! At that level, I would expect to see the sync dropping regularly.

Based on the reported Attenuation (short distance), it seems the line card isn't putting out enough power for a stable connection. Ask the line card owner to increase the power till you get a more reasonable RCO on the downlink.

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF

Premium Member

Actually a line at 84%RCO is quite stable.

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777 to JonF

Anon

to JonF
No, Jon. I've done that before, AND changed modems, routers and wires. Done it all Jon. I've had enough.

I've jumped through all the hoops a dozen times ang no matter what I do Teksavvy comes up with more nonsense to try and I've done it ALL, REPEATEDLY.

Please call me if you want to discus this further.
Mark777

Mark777 to JonF

Anon

to JonF
It would seem that it's obviously not.

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF

Premium Member

calling now

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Mark777

Premium Member

to Mark777
Jon is calling you...

I know this has been stretched out for quite some time now but if we are trying to help and we are asking you to help us by performing certain actions, its because we want to help.

Looking over the history of the account, removing the router in the past fixed the issue until you had made some changes on your side...

I know this may be frustrating but please allow us to help you.

Thanks,

Andre
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

1 recommendation

MaynardKrebs to JonF

Premium Member

to JonF
said by JonF:

When the internet goes down, does the DSL light go out when you loose internet?

loose, a: Not firmly or tightly fixed in place, unrestricted, not tight, as in 'loose bowels'
lose, v: To be deprived of, to not have, as in 'not having internet service'

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to Mark777

Premium Member

to Mark777
Mark,

Tried to call again but the phone is busy. I'll try calling around 1pm.

apvm
join:2003-02-14
London, ON
Linksys WRT1900AC
SmartRG SR505N
Huawei HG612

apvm to Mark777

to Mark777
Hi Mark777, you from RDF or somewhere else, it sounds familiar but can't remember where.

Anyway, I had similar issue with my old Broadmax 300a a year ago when it finally failed after 3 years of service...RIP.

It could sync and maintain sync but I had to reboot it for internet if it was left without activity for a while. Anyway, one fine day and it refused to sync.

Did you try another modem?

NissanPower
join:2001-03-31
London, ON

NissanPower to Mark777

to Mark777
said by Mark777 :

AGAIN Can ANYONE please explain how I can have full DSL sync, and Teksavvy support communicating with my modem and confirming the DSL sync, good line stats and modem operation, all the while with the DSL light on my 2 wire modem solid green but the internet light solid red (and obviously no internet) all throughout this testing?

I can tell you that I had this *exact* same problem a few months back.
I believe the key point is the 2 log-ons that the system is seeing.

What I did to resolve this problem is
1) If you don't have MLPPP service, and your router is capable of MLPPP, be 100% sure that MLPPP is disabled!
2) make sure your modem is bridged (dumb modem) so not both your router and modem are attempting to log into TSI.

Mine had log on info in both for 7 years without an issue until this issue cropped up 3-4 months ago. I could not access the internet for more than a few minutes after rebooting the modem, until I made the above changes to the modem settings.
Everything has been 100% since then.

Good Luck!

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777 to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
I've tried 6 modems and 5 routers, different makes models firmware etc., and all new wiring they can't all be bad.

It's clearly Bell equipment timing out, but I find Teksavvy to be pretty much an extension of Bell at this point.

Please have Jon call me again.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I believe he is already on the phone with you
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to Mark777

Premium Member

to Mark777
Hopefully the changes you and Jon made will resolve the issue for you.

Mark777
@teksavvy.com

Mark777 to NissanPower

Anon

to NissanPower
Thank you for the thoughts, but I've tried changing modems, ensuring the modem is bridged, and it makes no difference. I do have MLPPP service and the router is set accordingly.

Andre is trying to claim that because I got 20 minutes of service (2 months ago) without a router that the router is the problem.

Jon told me on the phone that the problem appears to be time outs at the node.

THis is a Bell/Teksavvy problem and they won't do anything about it.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Hi Mark,

What I am saying is that all of the signs point to the equipment you are using, and more recently possibly caused by the SLPPP service you had in conjuction with your equipment.

Jon did not agree or deny that it the Node is carrying the issue, he was just trying to get your stuff fixed.

You were basically asking him to put a ticket through and waive the DMC, which is why he came to me. I told him no until we can rule out the equipment which is what he is trying to help you out with.

At the end of the day, I have my fingers crossed that the recent changes you both have made on the last call will resolve your issue once and for all. If not, and nothing is unchanged on your setup, I will be more than willing to get Bell out there.

Regards,

Andre

apvm
join:2003-02-14
London, ON

apvm to Mark777

to Mark777
If Mark has already tried connecting his PC direct to the modem (bridged mode) and uses Windows build in PPPOE to test connection and still problem, it should not be his equipment. JMO