spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dr mongolia
join:2008-07-03
United State

dr mongolia

[Equipment] Bumping Ruckus MediaFlex / MetroFlex thread

In this thread we had been talking about possible replacements for the Ruckus Metroflex CPE:

»[Equipment] Ruckus MediaFlex / MetroFlex -- EOL'ed.. alternative

I'd like to continue that discussion. Has anyone discovered or heard of a potential alternative? I can't find anything comparable in the price range.
petecarlson
join:2004-11-06
Baltimore, MD

petecarlson

Haven't been working on this too much. We bought a boatload of the NGs when they went EOL and were still working through stock. Have you followed up with HAL at all? They have something that might work but its POE and that won't cut it for my users.
dr mongolia
join:2008-07-03
United State

dr mongolia

Yeah I have about a 6 month supply (hopefully) of the 2211's left but I'm trying to make sure I find something relatively soon as these are very, very popular with my customers.

I have not followed up with HAL, I didn't realize they'd have something completed this quick but I'll check it out. I would consider PoE if the radio quality was as good as Ruckus.. did you check out the performance on the unit?

PoE would mean more service calls when people went to set it up, and possibly liability issues when customers plugged it in backwards.
petecarlson
join:2004-11-06
Baltimore, MD

petecarlson to dr mongolia

to dr mongolia
I haven't tested it but he was essentially talking about using an existing platform. I think it is chip based instead of antenna based. I'm sure he could get us an SDK as well which is kind of important for me.

I'm going to play around with doing the same thing on an Air Router even though RF wise it is nowhere as good as the 2211. I use them as wired CPE and automated provisioning is amazing. I still need to figure out a way to secure the provisioning over the air as I can't just cross check the port doing 802.1x the way I can with wired.