uniqs

jester121
Premium Member
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

jester121

Premium Member

Screen cap for video tutorials

Anyone have recommendations (free/cheap) for doing screen capture for tutorials, like the zillions on Youtube? Despite my skepticism, we're going to be throwing some basic ones together for customers who are too brain dead to navigate our extremely simple e-commerce website. Recording voice-over audio along with it would be a nice-to-have, but not critical, I can do that in post production.

Thanks...

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Windows 7? You can simply do windows > run > psr , doesn't do sound but you said you can add it in later, so there you go.

jester121
Premium Member
Lake Zurich, IL

jester121

Premium Member

Wow. How long as that been around? Never even heard of it, and I've been a geek for a long time...

I don't think the graphics quality is suitable for our needs, and the way it lists the steps on the top isn't a good match for this problem, so I'm still looking for other ideas.

But I can certainly think of a lot of other tasks that PSR would be useful for. Thanks for the tip!

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Np

We used to use »www.bsrsoft.com/downloadbsr.asp for internal movies, I never used it but this is what the creators used, maybe give this a try?

jester121
Premium Member
Lake Zurich, IL

jester121

Premium Member

Thanks, I think that's probably what I've seen in action -- the highlighted mouse cursor looks familiar.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu to jester121

to jester121
Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Screen Capture

»social.expression.micros ··· 0f85c90d

"No Screen Capture time limit"

If not too much of a hassle install the codec instead of encoding into a common format.

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· id=10732

jester121
Premium Member
Lake Zurich, IL

jester121

Premium Member

Mike, that is kick ass.

Thanks very much, exactly what I was looking for.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu

said by jester121:

Mike, that is kick ass.

Thanks very much, exactly what I was looking for.

No problem. I spent half a day trying to answer the same question a few months ago. After many demos and figuring out limitations, we ended up with this.

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

dispatcher21 to jester121

to jester121
»camstudio.org/
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to mikefxu

MVM

to mikefxu
Is this an OFFICIAL MS product, bychance? Too bad this weekend's too packed for any "metime" technical tomfoolery.
This looks rather interesting!

Regards
adamtech78
join:2006-01-25
Chicago, IL

adamtech78

On a Mac you can do this with Quick Time Player (free). I know this works with Lion and Mountain Lion, don't know if it works with prior versions.
If you have a microphone it will record the voice too. You can do partial window or full screen.
File, New Screen Recording.