Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx

Re: [Contest] 12 Days of Giveaways Winners File

Dude. These forums are way way negative. Anybody reading them can see that easily. I don't think it represents reality and I keep working on the areas where I agree we could do better. When I see a thread complaining about us giving stuff away.. It really highlights for me just how outside of reality this place can be at times.

As for changes or stuff like that. Yeah, I'm my own guy. You need to listen to what I'm saying and get to know me. It seems you are trying to reference others things and because you see something that at a glance appears similar to something else you've seen, that it must surely be the same. I'm a pretty unique guy. Don't assume anything with me. I'm very open and willing to discuss just about anything.

As for drowning people out. I'm not trying to get you to apologize or think that you're trying to impress people. I care because it makes the conversations less open and inclusive. I'm trying to be open and inclusive. You can do whatever you want of course. And so can I .. So I said what I thought... I do also care about you though and I feel that you have the wrong impression so that's also why I've replied to you.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

Dude. These forums are way way negative. Anybody reading them can see that easily. I don't think it represents reality and I keep working on the areas where I agree we could do better. When I see a thread complaining about us giving stuff away.. It really highlights for me just how outside of reality this place can be at times.

As for changes or stuff like that. Yeah, I'm my own guy. You need to listen to what I'm saying and get to know me. It seems you are trying to reference others things and because you see something that at a glance appears similar to something else you've seen, that it must surely be the same. I'm a pretty unique guy. Don't assume anything with me. I'm very open and willing to discuss just about anything.

As for drowning people out. I'm not trying to get you to apologize or think that you're trying to impress people. I care because it makes the conversations less open and inclusive. I'm trying to be open and inclusive. You can do whatever you want of course. And so can I .. So I said what I thought... I do also care about you though and I feel that you have the wrong impression so that's also why I've replied to you.

Similarities such as a businesses progression, not you as a person. Read my past topics. I've had nothing but respect for you. I've also been very vocal about that. My experience over 30 years i believe has taught me a thing or two, being a two time successful business owner. Two paths a business can take and unfortunately it's a very fine line between the two.

The people upset are simply making their opinions heard based on the giveaways for facebook likes. You should have at least made i a signup promotion to enter the draw for new customers. Just an opinion. That's all.

Anyway, i've got work to do. Happy New Year sort of, with these murders already. A sad way to start the year

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

K, all good. PM me some of what you're seeing and maybe you know something I don't.. Like I said. I'm open to discuss.

I'm open to suggestions that include Facebook as well as others too though. This was a contest meant to draw in potentially new customers. That also needs to be taken into account. Maybe existing customers could use something in the customer portal and non customers Facebook.

Jayar
join:2005-01-16

Jayar

said by TSI Marc:

K, all good. PM me some of what you're seeing and maybe you know something I don't.. Like I said. I'm open to discuss.

I'm open to suggestions that include Facebook as well as others too though. This was a contest meant to draw in potentially new customers. That also needs to be taken into account. Maybe existing customers could use something in the customer portal and non customers Facebook.

You could also use twitter, but the sheer simplicity of retweeting something to enter is going to get you retweets from all over the world. Maybe open a web form and make it available to places where teksavvy is available.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Well that's just it.. Facebook is so simple and turn key... We don't want to spend any R&D resources to build something just for this... Or take people off the phones just to sort through all this stuff from multiple sources. That's why Facebook and infusionsoft emails end up getting used.. It's ready to go right now. And I can keep focusing on real problems..

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
My suggestion for a customer draw would be a draw every month for a month or two of free service. 24 customers a year get a month or two free service. This would make it very unique. Unfortunately i don't know personally if you can support eating that cost.

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC

TSI Gabe

Premium Member

we did exactly that a year or two ago.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by TSI Gabe:

we did exactly that a year or two ago.

I know, that's why i'm suggesting it again. It gives a good vibe around here. Things were far more chilled, everyone excited. I mainly didn't know if you could do it again with the changes.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
said by Tx:

My suggestion for a customer draw would be a draw every month for a month or two of free service. 24 customers a year get a month or two free service. This would make it very unique. Unfortunately i don't know personally if you can support eating that cost.

Not a bad idea.. Let me think about that. See what it would take to do it right.