Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Bob4

Re: Router Questions

said by Bob4:

Log into the router and look for the DHCP server settings (probably advanced settings -> LAN settings -> local network settings). Look for the starting IP address and the pool size or the ending address. Let us know what you find.

Also make a rough count of the number of wired and wireless devices you're using. The total number. NOT just the number connected at any given time.

EDIT: Nobody is running bittorrent, are they?

I will chekc when I get home tonight. As for the number of devices, I am thinking 2 wired and 11 wireless devices.

No bittorrent.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

1 recommendation

Standard wireless routers by default can have 50 clients. Devices acquire IP addresses from the pool of available. Most times devices play nice with each other. As each devices connects to the router, it acquires whatever IP is given. Now, some devices don't play nice & some routers are too forgiving with a device asking for an IP it had previously but is already taken. So of course there is conflict & either one can't connect or 1 is booted off. Long story short: Go into the router and assign each device a static IP. Each time the devices connects, it will get the same IP because it is assigned. No conflicts.
Give this a try.
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Johkal:

Standard wireless routers by default can have 50 clients.

I don't know how you can make a statement like this. My standard wireless router can have 253 clients.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

My router supports 150 by default. If I said "253", would that be accurate for average by default?

Edit: To clarify: you can change it to a max above 50, but default is such. My bad for just showing the OP that by default his router would handle more than the clients he has.