All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Jayar
join:2005-01-16

Jayar to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero

Re: [Contest] 12 Days of Giveaways Winners File

I made a facebook account with a dummy name just to enter. I've since closed it. I don't see what the big problem is: it's a giveaway, not a lottery. I pay for internet, and if service is performing as advertised and I'm paying exactly what I'm supposed to be paying, then cool.

Hey Marc, how are POI capacities across the board? Good? Great.

End of story, for me.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Jayar:

I made a facebook account with a dummy name just to enter. I've since closed it. I don't see what the big problem is: it's a giveaway, not a lottery. I pay for internet, and if service is performing as advertised and I'm paying exactly what I'm supposed to be paying, then cool.

End of story, for me.

POIs are great. We're working hard to make sure capacity is good for March ATM...

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

said by Jayar:

End of story, for me.

POIs are great. We're working hard to make sure capacity is good for March ATM...

Whats happening in March....? Sorry for asking what seems like a dumb question but there must be more to that statement.

Thanks for update on POI's regardless.

Back on topic: My only complaint was the contest was FB only. If the intention was to target only people who use social media then it was a success, otherwise not so much.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Nothing specific in March.. Just always planning a few months in advance.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus

FYI, Thanks for the contest Marc. I, and hopefully others do appreciate it. You guys had great prizes! Hopefully we will still see another in the future

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by evil_gusgus:

FYI, Thanks for the contest Marc. I, and hopefully others do appreciate it. You guys had great prizes! Hopefully we will still see another in the future

You're welcome. Pretty sweet prizes eh? For sure there will be more.

We managed to get some special deals for some of the staff too if they wanted. They couldn't enter the contest but we made sure everybody was looked after.
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77

hey marc, a small request if I may.

go that extra mile next contest to enable us Quebec'ers to enter? thanks.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by donkey77:

Yeah. I don't like that either. Not sure what's involved to make that right. Ill have to get legal involved.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

We managed to get some special deals for some of the staff too if they wanted. They couldn't enter the contest but we made sure everybody was looked after.

And this definitely matters too Helps keep the worker bee's enthused & motivated at their jobs. Kudo's
TwiztedZero

TwiztedZero to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
You might have the Quebec focused contests run out of your new Gatineau offices that'd make a lot of sense to me.
chrisl83
join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

1 recommendation

chrisl83

"I got my email. Many thanks TeckSavvy."

First time I've ever facepalmed.

That's a customer, for sure.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by chrisl83:

"I got my email. Many thanks TeckSavvy."

First time I've ever facepalmed.

That's a customer, for sure.

LOL & Congrats !

Trisomy21
join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON

1 recommendation

Trisomy21

TSI has done customer draws before, I remember the ones with Georges Laraque, heck I even remember Rocky throwing a TF2 tournament ages ago, was a blast.
However, I can say that public facebook comps can be a touchy matter, as we've seen. Some people do contests practically for a living, re-entering hundreds of them daily. I'm not throwing any stones or saying you're doing it wrong, but it's nice to see TSI customers getting the preferential treatment, lol maybe it woulda been better if the contest was set-up so TSI customers received extra entries? That way you could still have promoted to new customers and made old ones special.

Oh well, let's not cry over spilled milk, it's a new year Congrats to those who won and thanks for the opportunity.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Nothing specific in March.. Just always planning a few months in advance.

Sounds good to me, especially considering the potential impact of the CRTC decision regarding the new cable speeds. With more speed available to users there is bound to be some increase there. Thanks for the prompt response.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

1 edit

1 recommendation

jasmo34 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by donkey77:

Yeah. I don't like that either. Not sure what's involved to make that right. Ill have to get legal involved.

IIRC, Quebec WAS included in a TSI contest 2 or 3 years ago. Then they were excluded from the contest after that. I asked about that exclusion here in the forum and was told it was a 'paperwork' or 'deadline' issue. But, maybe it was really more complicated than that.

BTW, that was a very generous set of prizes TSI! It put some contests run by much bigger companies to shame (LG?).

edit: spelling

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

yeah.. but I dont think we were complying with the Quebec laws.

I'll look into what it would take to do it right and make sure we do what we can to include Quebec going forward.