spc
uniqs
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to mrherzog

to mrherzog

Re: hmm

Do Dish and DirecTV offer service in Canada? If so, they offer pay-per-view. It's not USD $1 like RedBox (more like USD $4.99 or $5.99) but it's an option. Cable in the US also has similar PPV or if you are on a modern system, On-Demand rentals. Same price but you can start the movie at any time, pause and rewind.

At one time or another, I have subscribed to both satellite companies and my local cable company. If I started a rental and it turned into a turkey within the first 30 minutes, I have called all three companies and they have given me credit for the movie. I believe I've even had On-Demand automatically delete the rental and not charge me if I start viewing and within a few minutes stop and never finish the movie.

Libraries in the US also allow have DVD selections and members can check them out for free. Are there similar libraries in Canada?
Trencher
join:2007-02-12
Etobicoke, ON

Trencher

No they don't offer service in Canada and no I'm not paying $5-$6 for a shitty movie... if they charged $2 or $1 for the movie and it didn't count towards my cap on my bandwidth then I might be inclined to "rent" it.