uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Holy dps?!?!?!

So my level 70 Holy/disc priest seems to be pulling some pretty decent numbers dps wise. I tried out this holy dps spec and i'm pulling upwards of 3.5k on single target. Thinking that its just unbalanced for leveling I logged and got on my tank to do an LFR. I saw a priest pulling about 62k dps. Thinking that was pretty best for shadow, I looked again and all I see is Smite-SW:P-Holy fire. What the balls, over???

Miscer

join:2010-01-28
Fountain, CO

The attonement spec isn't bad, espeically for face-roll 5-mans and LFR. Don't think I would spec it for regular raiding however.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

With the dumbing down of the talent trees, there is no longer an antonement "spec"--you simply use it or you don't. Every disc priest *should* during any period of low damage, because it grants you 25% extra healing through Archangel, and Atonement is a smart heal so it's hard for others to react as quickly.

But we're talking about Holy dps.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

So my level 70 Holy/disc priest seems to be pulling some pretty decent numbers dps wise. I tried out this holy dps spec and i'm pulling upwards of 3.5k on single target. Thinking that its just unbalanced for leveling I logged and got on my tank to do an LFR. I saw a priest pulling about 62k dps. Thinking that was pretty best for shadow, I looked again and all I see is Smite-SW:P-Holy fire. What the balls, over???

Yeah I started playing my level 88 shadow priest as disc the past week (mostly to heal some guildies through dungeon runs) and I was pretty surprised by my dps numbers also. I was the healer and usually 3rd or 4th on the recount chart for overall damage pulling around 15k dmg. Mind you this was at level 88-89 and I did have full enchants on the gear (and everything spec'd for Shadow). I just dinged 90 the other night and did it through Klaxxi questing and I swear I was able to bring the mobs down faster in Disc form than in Shadow. And even if it was relatively the same time, it was safer in Disc form since my health rarely went below 95%.

So yeah I can see Disc Priests pulling some pretty healthy numbers. 60k though... IDK. I only pull 60k (consistently) on my tricked out 'Lock that has half the BiS gear for LFR cap.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

As a disc healer I can push 25-30k in a no-gimmicks fight (ilevel 481), but enchanted/forged as a healer (mainly spirit/crit).

I think you would have to regem and reforge everything and put a priority on INT over SPI and a shitload of haste to hit 60k.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

Thinking that its just unbalanced for leveling I logged and got on my tank to do an LFR. I saw a priest pulling about 62k dps. Thinking that was pretty best for shadow, I looked again and all I see is Smite-SW:P-Holy fire. What the balls, over???

Yes, this is what I was talking about in the Priest Healing Priest forum. Holy DPS is actually pretty solid. Now you can pull 30k dps without a drop in healing as Disc, or as Holy you can trade healing for solid dps... and can swap back to healing 30sec later by simply changing your Chakra. It's a lot of fun and the best way for a dual-healing priest to knock out dailies.

»Re: [Classes] 5.0.4 Holy DPS Priest, Batman!
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I've playing it as dps for the past couple of days and have been crushing people. Mind you, I have no BoA gear at all. I did switch to my shadow set which is mostly crit and haste. I'm just surprised at that massive utility that they have now. Like you said Immer, dps one second, off-healing the next. I'll still stick to my disc spec to heal since I am the most familiar with it.