Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rpht

join:2000-12-28
Fort Myers, FL
reply to rustydusty

Re: DLINK DAP-2553

Thanks for the link because I did a google search and didn't come up with anything. I will update my units and see how it goes.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty
Just make sure you hardware version is A1. You can check on the bottom of the unit. Just double checked mine, and it is A1.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty
Update: 12 days still no issues. Hopefully the firmware fixes the lock-up issues.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty
FYI, I turned off all logging on the AP. I did this before the firmware upgrade, and it still stalled with all the logging turned off. I've seen AP's lock up with an excessive log file size so to be sure I turned it all off. Don't think it was the issue, though.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty
Well, after 17 days it's done the same thing again. Just starting my troubleshooting and so far laptops can connect fine, however any smart phone or tablet cannot. It appeared to be a DHCP/DNS issue, so I logged into my domain controller and everything there is working perfectly. Anything plugged in also works good. Typing this on the AP on my macbook air without a hitch. It's seems to be a bit glitchy once in a while but still functional. Like I said, laptops work fine, however Iphone's, Ipads, Android phones and tablets won't connect fine. They won't get a proper IP. I've eliminated the actual DHCP not function properly. I'm going to continue troubleshooting and see if I can find anything before rebooting the AP.

Up Time 17 Days, 15:15:53

It stopped working within the past 4 hours.

Anyone else been having this issue?