Search similar:

uniqs

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

[LA] Am I the only one annoyed at Cox's 0.00 monthly prices?

I consider myself to let things roll of my back a bit when it comes to the common issues with ISP's....I have had broken equipment, non-working issues, etc....yet, I dealt with something today that I am not sure I have ever seen before....and maybe I am just ignorant as to how most ISP's work with their ordering and whatnot.

I have UVerse but my parents have Cox TV and Internet and I basically help them with their services if they want changes and whatnot. My parents contract is up and they wanted to shop around so I went on Cox's website to see what the prices were for TV/Internet bundles.

Yet, when I go to select a TV package.....everything package comes up as "0.00" as a "Monthly Price".....and note the "Monthly Price" as the words used. I look all around for the actual "Monthly Price" and come up with zero mention of the actual cost. At the bottom, they have a link to "Show me all the details"....Great! Oh, wait....no details there about the price there either. Finally, I realize that in order to be given the ACTUAL MONTHLY PRICE....you must hover your mouse on the "0.00" to actually bring up the monthly price...and since Cox pays the first month....they simply put whatever the regular monthly price is minus the same number to come up with "0.00".

I just decide to pick a package anyway to see what happens. It brings me to the Internet portion....AGAIN...packages with "0.00" as the "Monthly Price".....same story and I just pick one.

I am then brought the next page which the Feature page.....AGAIN, zero mention as to the prices of the packages and STILL I see (and I am quoting here) .... "$0.00/mo Monthly Charges Summary"....of course, they made me pick a DVR so it does add $5 month to the bill per month so the total is $5m per month with that added.

Heck, it must show me when I click on "Checkout"....right? Nah

"What's in Your Cart?
*Offer Details and Terms
Monthly Charges $5.00
Cox Advanced TV Preferred $5.00
Cox Internet Preferred $0.00
Total $5.00
One-Time Charges $0.00"

I guess I am a bit shocked at how a company can continue putting a "Monthly Price" of something yet be blatantly lying about what the actual "Monthly Price" of the service is.....

If the customer is getting a month of free service, I am not sure in what world Cox thinks that makes a "monthly price" when it is simply one month.
SlashG42
join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA
·AT&T FTTP

SlashG42

This irked me too when pricing out service last night. If you read the "total savings of $--.--" that's the monthly price.

Another one that aggravated me was the system locks you into the maxed-out phone package as your only choice once you select any internet plan, even though they will show you the cheaper phone plan(s) beforehand.

Cox's website never was all that great. The latest upgrades demonstrate two things:
1. They want very badly to push you into plans and expenses you don't need.
2. Their average customer must be pretty dumb, since they wouldn't do this if it wasn't effective.

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur to Bill Neilson

Premium Member

to Bill Neilson
I wouldn't even bother with the phone packages as there are plenty other VoIP services on the net for cheaper than Cox's voip.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

1 edit

Rob_

Premium Member

You can get vonage for $13.33 a month:

»lp.vonage.com/basic_1l?L ··· asictalk

Cox need to worry about vonage, this is a lifetime plan, not 6 months.. It's been a champ for me and it took me 72 hours to port my # over from Centurycrap

-Rob
SlashG42
join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA
·AT&T FTTP

SlashG42

What a coincidence. After Cox's website preventing me from getting decent pricing info and sitting on hold for almost an hour today waiting to see if they could do better than charging me $8.99/mo just to add caller ID, I just switched to that exact Vonage plan.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to digiblur

Premium Member

to digiblur
said by digiblur:

I wouldn't even bother with the phone packages as there are plenty other VoIP services on the net for cheaper than Cox's voip.

I was thinking of just this. I am thinking pretty seriously about it as we have had some Cox phone issues as of late.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to Bill Neilson

Premium Member

to Bill Neilson
Simple. they don't want you to be able to comparison shop!!1