The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
reply to johnfc

Re: Extreme 50 Config File Name?

said by johnfc:

On my zoom 5341 I go into 198.168.100.1 then go to Status config file name is the top line of the listing.

Yeah, o/k. Try clearing the log entries and see if it returns.

wTheOnew

join:2012-03-09
reply to johnfc
said by johnfc:

In the Maryland area widebandblast gets me 105/20 but it was 50/10 and then it doubled. I think this doubling occurred in certain markets.

Yep, the North East. Not here unfortunately. Yay competition.

said by JigglyWiggly:

because their support team is mostly full of derps
comcast steve could have probably fixed it for you

when i got the wrong config assigned to my modem, comcast steve fixed it in like 30 seconds.

I had this over in the direct forum, it was ignored.

said by johnfc:

On my zoom 5341 I go into 198.168.100.1 then go to Status config file name is the top line of the listing.

The 5341 shows the file name, the newer 5341J does not.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ

1 recommendation

said by wTheOnew:

The 5341 shows the file name, the newer 5341J does not.

FWIW, in my 5341J it appears among the error log entries after doing a hard reset back to factory defaults using the recessed reset button on the rear.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley

1 recommendation

Ditto!

MisterP

join:2012-10-11
US
reply to EG
I did a software reset from the 192 page then a hardware reset. Both times I looked in the logs and saw nothing but the usual time not established yadda yadda. Power off button also does nothing. Zoom fix your darn firmware. I don't want ellipses on my already abridged logs, and I want to see my config info in more detail.

We aren't a bunch of XBoxers who need green cell bars to see that their ping is good rofl

Edit: And stop hiding the EventLog page; what are we, 12?

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
said by MisterP:

I did a software reset from the 192 page then a hardware reset. Both times I looked in the logs and saw nothing but the usual time not established yadda yadda. Power off button also does nothing. Zoom fix your darn firmware. I don't want ellipses on my already abridged logs, and I want to see my config info in more detail.

We aren't a bunch of XBoxers who need green cell bars to see that their ping is good rofl

Edit: And stop hiding the EventLog page; what are we, 12?

For curiosity, what version number of firmware does it currently have ?

MisterP

US
Hardware Version A0
Software Version 5.5.4.9J

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
Hmmm... That's the version I have and I can see the config file name among the error log entries every single time that I use the reset button.

MisterP

US
The only entry I see is this (Whether I do a hardware or software reset):

Time Priority Description
Time Not Established Warning (5) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC...

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
Are you holding in the recessed reset button on the rear long enough until you see the front panel indicator lights begin to cycle ?

MisterP

US
I have held it down and tapped it; it's just a momentary switch. You don't need to hold it down to reset it.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
said by MisterP:

You don't need to hold it down to reset it.

Wanna' bet ?

MisterP

US
Sure; $20 in counterfeit BitCoins :P

But seriously though, I've held the switch down and I've just clicked it once; both times the modem reset. Not sure what holding it down accomplishes.

mustang50
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
On mine (5341J) if I just tap the button it resets the modem.

But if you hold it down until the lights go off it resets it to factory defaults. This in turn makes the modem download the latest firmware again, and I can see the config file in the logs.

MisterP

US
Yep you're right. I guess I didn't hold the button down long enough.

I got the config for Blast (At least I hope this is it, as I've been having issues with my upload):

d11_m_5341j_speedtier_c01.cm

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
reply to mustang50
HALLELUJAH mustang50 See Profile Thank you for being abundantly clear !!!

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ
reply to MisterP
said by MisterP:

Yep you're right. I guess I didn't hold the button down long enough.

I got the config for Blast (At least I hope this is it, as I've been having issues with my upload):

d11_m_5341j_speedtier_c01.cm

That's NOT Blast. It's only Performance..

Look at mustang50 See Profile's file name. That's Blast.

mustang50
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

1 edit
Agrees with EG, speedtier usually is performance
speedtierextreme2 is BLAST.

MisterP

US

1 edit
reply to EG
Ahh im going crazy then. I thought Extreme 50 was Extreme tier. That might be why I'm having the issues I'm having in this thread:

»[Speed] Upload speed conflicts (Mid TN-Blast! service)

I'm getting only about 1Mb upload on ShaperProbe but 26Mb download which is Blast! tier download speed (Performance in my area is still 16Mb down last I checked). All OTHER speed tests are registering about 35/5 (PowerBoosted obviously)

»stage.results.speedtest.comcast.···7182.png

Sorry for thread jacking; if any of you are gracious enough to help, you can hit the link at the top of my post; I gave more info there.