normal
This is a sub-selection from [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to don

Re: [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

Victoria is still undergoing upgrades. It really depends on the area, as there are a number of factors that are involved. Existing users are the ones that benefit the most from these upgrades as they will automatically have their internet speeds upgraded without changing packages.

Thanks for being patient.

rawrblam

@shawcable.net

I've been having issues for the last few weeks with severe slowdown during evening hours in the Wolseley area of Winnipeg. I'm consistently getting sub 1 Mb/s down on the shaw speedtest and the upload portion generally times out or fails. This issue is not unique to my area of town and others I have spoken with are having similar issues (some dating back to the fall). I contacted phone support twice and was told both times that there is extreme node saturation during peak hours and that the only thing that can be done to fix it is a node split. Both reps I spoke with were unable to provide me with a timeframe other than to say "that sort of thing is up to Operations and can take some time" which is completely unacceptable. Obviously not every situation is the same but in your experience how long has it taken this sort of thing to be resolved?

WiFiRobbery

join:2013-01-07
Victoria, BC
reply to Shaw_Alex

Shaw_Alex:

Vic West is brutal during a longer and longer peak period (no seems to run from 7-10:00 PM. This is making my work VPN sessions and any gaming painful. Any idea when the network upgrade is going to happen here.

My account is covered through work - basically more than 20 accounts, and with the complaints my boss is starting to make noises about going Telus. I do not want to go to Telus for internet......

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

reply to rawrblam

It really depends. The engineers know far in advance when nodes need to be split, so when areas become saturated it's because we haven't been able to solve the issue on schedule. I wouldn't know exactly what the delay would be, but if you send me your account number i'll do my best to find an ETA.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

reply to WiFiRobbery

If you could send me your account number or address, i'll ask one of the local techs for more information.

WiFiRobbery

join:2013-01-07
Victoria, BC

While not my address, this one will suffice:

750 Front Street
Victoria BC

This is a sub-selection from [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep