Premium Member
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY

Iscream to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere

Re: Callcentric Outgoing CNAM

Thanks for pointing at that stale link.

A support for Outbound CNAM feature is provided for free for all North American DIDs since mid of February (2012).

Also, as some people have noticed it already - the Canadian CNAM is also automatically supported (that said - it takes a precedence over anything that could be in LIDB or 3rd party CNAM database) unless overwritten by an address book entry. The feature (Canadian CNAM support) was available since September (2012).

Arne - thanks for pointing out (for those who actually understand the matter) that it's not just a CNAM that is provided there, but rather a population of complete LIDB record entry, including all required line's parameters.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by Iscream:

The feature (Canadian CNAM support) was available since September (2012).

How exciting!
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to Iscream

Premium Member

to Iscream

Re: Callcentric Now Provides Outgoing CNAM

said by Iscream:

A support for Outbound CNAM feature is provided for free for all North American [CallCentric] DIDs since mid of February (2012).

Also exciting!

And here I had thought that I was just lucky....

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to Iscream

Premium Member

to Iscream

Re: Callcentric Outgoing CNAM

said by Iscream:

A support for Outbound CNAM feature is provided for free for all North American DIDs since mid of February (2012).

I thought it's been almost a year. I remember the big announcement on the front page and it was a great addition to the feature set.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by garys_2k:

I thought it's been almost a year. I remember the big announcement on the front page and it was a great addition to the feature set.

I must have missed the announcement, and posts here were inconclusive/inconsistent in the meantime.

»www.callcentric.com/faq/31/222

Nice detailed explanation in there now !
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to garys_2k

Premium Member

to garys_2k

BTW folks, the page of the CallCentric site where all things related to CID & CNAM are covered is :

»www.callcentric.com/faq/31
Iscream
Premium Member
New York, NY

Iscream

Premium Member

Thanks, Dave.

One more, CLID related feature, not described in the above mentioned FAQ, is there too - it's the one defined by RFC 3261 as "in-reply-to" header.

Shortly, if you use a SIP PBX and that PBX supports (or allows configuring) "in-reply-to" header for incoming calls which are forwarded to an outbound trunk - Callcentric will assign the same outgoing caller-ID to a call which had been received and is still active with a call-ID referenced by "in-reply-to" header.

This feature allows, in a standard way, and _without_ a prior made verification with a provider/carrier, to send out a call with the same Caller-ID as an inbound call made to your PBX by an external caller from PSTN or mobile line.

Now you may forward back to PSTN, a call made to your phone extension from PSTN or Mobile networks while preserving the caller's identity and most importantly - you don't need to verify your callers' CLIDs with Callcentric prior forwarding such calls back to PSTN or another [SIP] network.

A disclaimer for telephone SPAM'ers and SCAM'ers:
Attempts to spoof 3-rd party identities are considered illegal by FCC while prevention of such a spoofing is enforced at service providers; Callcentric uses all legally and technically possible means to identify and prevent caller-ID spoofing. Such measures may include a detection, isolation and immediate blocking of violating accounts. You've been warned.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to Iscream

MVM

to Iscream
said by Iscream:

support for Outbound CNAM feature is provided for free for all North American DIDs since mid of February (2012).

Support told me that you do NOT support outbound CNAM. Which is it?
Iscream
Premium Member
New York, NY

1 edit

Iscream

Premium Member

Please look at my reply to your PM.

That support's answer to your ticket was made by Dec. 31, 2012 while the change to our policy has taken effect only since yesterday. I'm apologizing for confusion.

Edit - fixed typos.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF

MVM

said by Iscream:

Please look at my reply to your PM.

That support's answer to your ticket was made by Dec. 31, 2012 while the change to our policy has taken affect only since yesterday. I'm apologizing for confusion.

Excellent explanation in the PM! I didn't realize the policy change had just happened, so thanks for clearing things up.
david3
join:2000-03-21

david3 to Iscream

to Iscream
Thanks Iscream. Really good news on the outgoing CNAM.