Damon85
Premium Member
join:2004-12-25
Houston, TX

Damon85 to David85

Premium Member

to David85

Re: [CATV] Insight bill increasing next month - Louisville, KY

Yes, that is my dilemma -- whether it is more cost effective to buy a TiVo w/ Lifetime sub up front and pay for the cable cards, or continue paying for the DVR for a year or two in hopes that at the end of that time I'll be able to drop the entire shebang for Netflix, et al. Now you mention it though WMC slapped onto one of the older computers I have around with a Ceton tuner would cost even less than TiVo... food for thought, thanks!
Expand your moderator at work
Mystic95Z
join:2005-05-10
Orlando, FL

Mystic95Z to Damon85

to Damon85

Re: [CATV] Insight bill increasing next month - Louisville, KY

said by Damon85:

Yes, that is my dilemma -- whether it is more cost effective to buy a TiVo w/ Lifetime sub up front and pay for the cable cards, or continue paying for the DVR for a year or two in hopes that at the end of that time I'll be able to drop the entire shebang for Netflix, et al. Now you mention it though WMC slapped onto one of the older computers I have around with a Ceton tuner would cost even less than TiVo... food for thought, thanks!

Well having used both TiVo and teh insight boxes, tivo is far and away better... Insight DVR's suck royally.
Damon85
Premium Member
join:2004-12-25
Houston, TX

Damon85

Premium Member

I ended up going with an old Windows 7 PC that I put an infinitv 4 into -- did it in mid January and haven't looked back. Should pay for itself in about a year, and it does more than the Motorola DVR it replaced.

UKEE
join:2012-05-14
Lexington, KY

UKEE

said by Damon85:

I ended up going with an old Windows 7 PC that I put an infinitv 4 into -- did it in mid January and haven't looked back. Should pay for itself in about a year, and it does more than the Motorola DVR it replaced.

Thinking about doing the same. Bill just increased by $18 and that's with a partial promotion. Will go up more next year. Currently paying $17.25 for HD-DVR, regular digital box and 3 mini boxes (God, I hate them). If it were not for On-Demand (my wife loves the free on-demand stuff), I would have already dumped the boxes. Too much rental money with no option to buy.