Hi, all.

I have this:

Model Name: SB6121
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.8-SCM01-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 5.0
Firmware Build Time: Aug 30 2012 15:35:46

After a recent reboot of modem and router (amped wireless R10000G) I noticed that the SB6121's link light changed from orange to blue. I checked the Signals page and sure enough all three US channels showed Success under Ranging Status.

Today I had to reboot the router, so I thought I'd reboot the modem. I normally do this by simply removing power, waiting at least 2+ minutes, then restoring power, first to the modem, letting it boot fully, and then to the router. After doing that the link light was back to orange, and the infamous middle US channel, which happens to be the middle frequency, shows the T4 TimeOut.

I tried the Reset All Defaults button, followed by the Restart Cable Modem button, but the T4 TimeOut persists. Also, Cable Modem Status is Offline, everything above it reads "Not started," and Initialize Baseline Privacy is Done. Not that I care about that page, as that's what it's always read.

My US channels are 4, 5 & 6, with 39 dBmV, 39 dBmV & 40 dBmV, respectively. These are steady. Also, I have a DS channel 5, but I suppose that's unrelated to the US channel 5.

The only log message since the last reboot and the assorted messages associated with that is this:

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=a4:7a:a4:6f:ca:a0;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:23:78:13;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Priority = 3-Critical
Code = R04.0

My speeds are where they should be 50/10 Mbps.

Is there anything else I can try to restore all three US channels bonding? Don't really feel like calling Comcast atm, though I'm sure they've been wondering where I've been lately

Thanks!

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Personally when I get that middle channel T4 timeout I just restart the router and it generally works again, but sometimes it occurs again at the next restart but I'd only notice it if I'm on the signal page. I wish you good luck
ThurstonX
join:2003-11-22
Locust Grove, VA

ThurstonX

I tried another hard reboot of both, but the problem persists. If it's something on Comcast's side, maybe it will correct itself eventually.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Do hope it does clear up. I wonder if your neighbors are seeing the same issue. At least this issue doesn't keep you from having internet so that's a plus.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to ThurstonX

MVM

to ThurstonX
For some reason, I've found doing a power-off reboot instead of rebooting from the menu seems to more reliably bond all channels.
ThurstonX
join:2003-11-22
Locust Grove, VA

ThurstonX

said by andyross:

For some reason, I've found doing a power-off reboot instead of rebooting from the menu seems to more reliably bond all channels.

And that's normally what I do. I only recently read about the Restart button available from the web interface. I like to do both router and modem, but my router is now very slow to receive its WAN info from Comcast, so reboots take up to five minutes before PCs get Internet access back. I guess I'll try just a modem reboot, once the wife lets me