uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to Voxxjin

Re: Router Questions

Log into the router and check the DHCP server settings I mentioned earlier. You don't have to change anything, just take a look.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

said by Bob4:

Log into the router and check the DHCP server settings I mentioned earlier. You don't have to change anything, just take a look.

I'm a gambling man. I'll take that bet & guess it will show 50 default available IPs.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

It might show 100. But until he checks, we won't know!

Next thing to check is the number of attached devices. If he doesn't have WPA security set up, everyone in the coffee shop next door might be using his WiFi.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

Ah yes..open WiFi. Good point!

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Bob4

OK I checked the DHCP server settings. Basically it has a range of 100 IP addresses it can use. (1 for the internal IP address and 99 more for the DHCP server.)

@ Nyan Cat: I checked and currently there are 10 devices attached. I believe all are mine. Yes the router is password protected.

Of course since today when I started this thread, everything has been connecting. Whether that has anything to do with me resetting the router last night or not, idk. If it happens again, I will check the connections of the non-working devices and see what I can discover.

Anyway I appreciate the help. Not sure where I got the 4 wireless connection limit but I could have sworn I read that somewhere. If nothing else I learned the router can have a lot more connections.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

If it starts happening again, assign static IPs.