spc
Search similar:

uniqs
keeleyson
join:2012-02-24
Mound, MN

keeleyson

[MN] 480i connection

I currently subscribe to Mediacom HD service and have had an HDTV connected to the DVR box for a year. I receive some 1080i signals on that tv. Just bought a new HDTV, (720p) and connected it to a coax in another room. All signals that I receive on that set show 480i. Quality of picture is not good.
What am I doing wrong?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Check the settings on the box and see what it set to. Press the power and menu buttons on your cable remote and make sure everything is correct.
keeleyson
join:2012-02-24
Mound, MN

keeleyson

new tv is not hooked up to the box...just another coax that comes in from the basement....when techs came in...they sent one coax to the bedroom where the box/dvr is....and one to the kitchen where the new tv is.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

You have to get another HDBOX @ 10.50 a month (Actually $13... with tax) to get HDTV of the family service,

Mediacom needs to get the HD-DTA's that Comcast has available out fast, While I understand the HD signals are encrypted per broadcast rules, Many people have more then 1 HDTV and can't afford a 2nd,3rd or 4th box at 10.50 each, What they can afford are HD-DTA's at $3 a month though.
I actually just got rid of all my boxes to save $ and just have MAX 20Mbit and Family service, Mediacom Prime 15/1 (Hard CAP vs 20/2 Unlimited (As long as I don't go through 2TB a month) Yeah this isn't a hard decision

kwbelt1
join:2006-06-03
Harrisburg, IL

kwbelt1 to keeleyson

to keeleyson
In my area of S. IL we get our local ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS in HD with just a coax. One of the four WGN channels is in HD also.

This is the point where we all should look back and wish all new tvs had came with cable card slots.