how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

uvuser123

@sbcglobal.net

How Long does a Vrad Install take

Hi,
Att installed a vrad box in my neighborhood and i believe ran fiber to it. They Have been working on the lines and have a temporary generator attached to the new vrad. I currently have uverse but the adsl2+ version that runs completely over cooper and the fastest plan is only 3 mbps. My question is how long does it normaly take for att to get a fiber vrad up and running and me to get faster speed options. Thanks in advance.

relgin

join:2001-10-24
Elmwood Park, IL
We had a new VRAD installed in our Chicago area this summer. They started around July and it went live in mid October. All work was done in early September so they must have been doing testing for over a month.

uvuser123

@sbcglobal.net
Thanks for the reply. Did you get faster speed options once they finished it?

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
Faster speeds will depend on your profile and how far you are from the VRAD but you will qualify for speeds higher than 3mbps I believe.

go blue

@sbcglobal.net
I had Uverse installed 2 months ago and I am 800 ft from the VRAD.
I know that because I checked usuing UVRealtime.com
Tv, phone, and internet U300 service with 12 mbs download
1 hddvr, 1 wireless receiver
$119 plus tax for 2 Years.

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN
Wish I could get the rate of $119. My bundle is $159 and only thing different is 1 additional receiver.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
said by Bamafan2277:

Wish I could get the rate of $119. My bundle is $159 and only thing different is 1 additional receiver.

We only pay $115.99(Without tax included) for U300(DVR and 2 reg receivers) and unlimited phone phone. Then 25/4(16/2 without boost) from Comcast.

@OP
Time it takes for a VRAD to be finished may vary based on how fast they are, weather, and issues that come up . If they hook you up on it the Highest I believe you would be able to get would be 18 or 24 Mbps(Depends on if they still use the 19 Mb profile).

uvuser123

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Nuckfuts
When att does flip the switch on the new vrad will they have to send me a new vdsl modem or will they just leave my old adsl2+ modem. ( The Nvg510 ). Also they currently have a generator hooked up to the vrad. does this mean they don't have permanent power to it yet. I am very impatient to get faster speeds I check the att site every day.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
said by uvuser123:

When att does flip the switch on the new vrad will they have to send me a new vdsl modem or will they just leave my old adsl2+ modem. ( The Nvg510 ). Also they currently have a generator hooked up to the vrad. does this mean they don't have permanent power to it yet. I am very impatient to get faster speeds I check the att site every day.

If you got VDSL you would receive the 2wire 3600 if you got internet without TV. You would get either the 3800 or 3801 with the order of TV service. Sometimes in a random while some internet only customers got a 3800 or 3801. Orrrr if you're far enough that you need an INID you would get the INID as your modem and the 2wire i38hg as a switch/AP.

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
reply to uvuser123
said by uvuser123:

You will see a box with an electric meter on it when it is on it's own power. Well, that's how I see them out here and just because the power is done does not mean it is ready. They have to get the VRAD connected to the crossbox also to supply the area.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to uvuser123
Most VRADs are for VDSL2 U-Verse, which would require a new modem (2Wire/Pace 3600/3800/3801/i3812 or Moto 2310).
I have seen ADSL2+ VRADs (much more rare), which you would keep using the IPDSLAM ADSL2+ modem (Moto NVG510 or black 2210, or black/gray 2Wire/Pace 2701)