spc
Search similar:

uniqs
CarloPel
join:2013-01-02
Vacaville, CA

CarloPel

2Wire 3800HGV & HPNA support

According to 2 Wire, this gatway supports HPNA, yet there is nothing documenting how to configure the hardware to use it. I have AT&T, and Motorola VIP1225 set top box, and want to connect my TV to the HPNA network thru the Coax cable. I am assuming I would need a bridge to go from the coax to Ethernet. Has anyone done this, or is it even possible?
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

It is in the UG. It wasn't easy to find.
quote:

Re: User Guide for my 2Wire 3801HGV Gateway
Options

11-26-2011 01:50:30 PM
Here »hackingbtbusinesshub.fil ··· -1-0.pdf

Source: »forums.att.com/t5/Setup- ··· /2728561
CarloPel
join:2013-01-02
Vacaville, CA

CarloPel

Does anyone know if the "Ethernet over Coax Adaptor" mentioned in the manual is available from ATT/2Wire(now Pace) or would any third party adaptor work?

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

I am assuming that your TV you wish to connect is adjacent to the Motorola 1225 receiver? And that the Moto receiver is fed via HPNA/Coax?

If the answer is yes, the Moto receiver can act as a HPNA/Ethernet bridge for you -- run an Ethernet patch cable from your Smart TV's Ethernet port to the Ethernet port on the back of the Moto receiver. That should provide the TV internet access over HPNA via the Moto reciever

If you do wish to pursue the HPNA/Ethernet bridge adapter route, the model (some) U-Verse techs carry is a Motorola bridge unit (»www.motorola.com/Video-S ··· er_US-EN).

HPNA (in this case, over Coax) is an established standard, so any HPNA/Coax bridge device should be compatible with the HPNA port of the 2Wire/Pace 3800. I know Actiontec and Cisco make HPNA/Ethernet bridges, and other companies probably do as well.

Make sure any bridges are actually HPNA/Ethernet and NOT MoCA/Ethernet (MoCA is a competing LAN over in-house Coax technology, but HPNA and MoCA are NOT compatible)