Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mike1965
Geek4rent

join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL
reply to IA City

Re: [MN] Motorola SB6121 Offical Support yet?

said by IA City :

I just purchased this modem on the recommendation of a telephone tech support agent. There may be problems with my prior Zoom modem (DOCSIS 2.0) and went to this modem (DOCSIS 3.0) with the hope of achieving better stability after 3 tech visits to my home shows "no wiring issues." Looks like the original firmware remains in place. Has there been any attempt to push the new firmware yet? Here are my specs for reference:

Model Name: SB6121
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB612X-1.0.5.1-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.
Hardware Version: 5.0
Firmware Build Time: Dec 21 2010 15:52:06

Thanks!

I had a SB6120. after Mediacom was comvinced it was bad, I got it replaced by Motorola under warranty.....they replaced it with the SB6121....still having same issues....but there is no firmware support for the SB6121...and do not know when there will be
--
Free computer help »geek4rent.us

Fire Fighter Forum »firetooltrader.com

Southern Illinois Business Directory »www.thesouthernillinoisguide.com

poolShark

join:2002-11-21
Marshall, IL

said by mike1965:

I had a SB6120. after Mediacom was comvinced it was bad, I got it replaced by Motorola under warranty.....they replaced it with the SB6121....still having same issues....but there is no firmware support for the SB6121...and do not know when there will be

I've been considering getting the SB6121, but when something is wrong with your service, cable companies like Mediacom seem to blame your equipment more easily when you own it instead of renting it. So it makes me wonder if I should at least stick to a brand/model that is officially supported. Since the SB6121 isn't officially supported, then that would be reason enough for them to put blame on the modem instead of some other issue.