how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

bdoyledimou

join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON
reply to elitefx

Re: The Cash Grab Is On

We just had a 10% general increase in October -- it's only been 3 months and another one? guess they have to pay out the CEO's bonus.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by bdoyledimou:

We just had a 10% general increase in October -- it's only been 3 months and another one? guess they have to pay out the CEO's bonus.

No, I said this when they bought MLSE, its the "We paid too much for MLSE recovery fee".

They bought the company (really the leafs) for the content.. OOOOPS.. Hockey Strike... budgeted revenue is not there.... rate increase. The Bean counters budget $x revenue from MLSE, and that's not happening.

Ok raise rates.. we'll make even MORE money in perpetuity.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

said by elwoodblues:

No, I said this when they bought MLSE, its the "We paid too much for MLSE recovery fee".

They bought the company (really the leafs) for the content.. OOOOPS.. Hockey Strike... budgeted revenue is not there.... rate increase. The Bean counters budget $x revenue from MLSE, and that's not happening.

Ok raise rates.. we'll make even MORE money in perpetuity.

This is just one more reason why vertical integration ought to be banned, or failing that internet service be regulated as an *essential* service - so cross-subsidies between different 'verticals' won't find their way into rates.