spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ponsiva

join:2013-01-03

[Connection Sharing] how to set up dual wan connection in router

i have 2 broad band connection for my workstation pc(AIRTEL&RELIANCE)....
workstation 1 pc having 2 ip's((A1)192.168.--.-- & (B1) 192.168.-.-)
workstation 2 pc having 2 ip's((A2)192.168.--.-- & (B2) 192.168.-.-)
i have 2 switches(24 port procurve switch)
I WANT CONNECT these 2 network's using switch or router but I need if IP A1 and IP B2 fails na that time A2 and B1 want to COMMUNICATE AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT TIME DELAY
WHAT YOU SUGGEST....PLS HELP ME
BY
PONSIVA
+917418146780

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7

Re: [Connection Sharing] how to set up dual wan connection in ro

diagram please
--
db

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to ponsiva
So basically you have two ISPs and two switches and two workstations. Forget about the dual ISP IP addresses at each workstation for now. What we need is the reason for two networks as you call it. What are the requirements? Are workstation 1 and 2 allowed to see each other? Do they use a common printer. In other words what is the architecture and why.
Is one ISP a primary and the other a backup or are both to be used equally. Do you want some services to be primarily used on one ISP and others on the second ISP? Do you want some users to access primarily one ISP etc...................
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:19
reply to ponsiva
Airtel------               |---work station 1
              |- (device) |
Reliance---               |---work station 2

This a rough sketch of your network ponsiva See Profile?

So you want workstation 1 and 2 on the same LAN and able to talk to eachother, and if Airtel goes down
for "the device" to automatically flip to Reliance, and vice versa? Is that what you're after?

If so, look into a dual wan router. Next question is what's your budget, and if you have any other specific
requirement(s) for "the device" or not -- wireless G / N, GigE connectivity, UTM, etc.

Regards

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to ponsiva
WRT to no time delay, I think it would be more realistic to state a minimal time delay and minimal interference with ongoing sessions.

Extide

join:2000-06-11
reply to ponsiva
You can use PFsense in a dual-wan configuration where it will auto fail over if one goes down, and/or use them both at the same time when both are working. Look at the pfSense forums and wiki.