I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil

Re: Steam Holiday Sale Has Begun!

Is it open world ish like Skyrim? Not sure I'll pick it up tooooo many games not enough time.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by I AM:

Is it open world ish like Skyrim? Not sure I'll pick it up tooooo many games not enough time.

No...not open-world. Actually, extremely linear, at least so far, as you really (again, as far as I've seen) can't really go to too many places until you've cleared out and made you're way to X boss or area which gives you the way to access the next area. Like I said, though, it's always challenging as the baddies always respawn when you die or rest, and even the easy mobs will kick your ass if you're sloppy.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to I AM

MVM

to I AM
said by I AM:

Yea, I am not going to pick this up. I haven't even played Far Cry 3 or Dishonored yet. Two of the most expensive games I picked up this holiday season. Going to pass on Dark Souls for now.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

It is open world; however, the world is nowhere near as big as Skyrim. Though it may be smaller, it is crammed with way more enemies. Like Koil said, the first area mobs can kill still kill you if you think you can just run past them.

Remember how giants in the beginning of Skyrim would decimate you, but later in the game were pushovers? When you meet giants in this game, they will throttle you unless you bring your A game. Hell, those aren't even the scariest creatures in the game. You know what scared me the most in that game? F**king frogs (called basilisks)! They spit out a cloud that can (and most likely will if you get caught in it) curse you; curse is a condition that halves your HP until cured and it can stack, halving it each time. The cure is expensive and a pain to get to until you unlock a shortcut.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

Let me qualify a little bit, if just for my own sake, in that it's linear progression, in that you go to A, then B, then C....that does not mean, though, that all of those areas exist in a straight line. You have to backtrack through prior areas some times to get to other areas you weren't able to access before (cuz you didn't have a key or something).
Koil

Koil to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
The thing that pisses me off the most right now...the fucking rats. They have some kinda weird evasion thing and will poison you if not careful...and poison (without a cure) will eat through several refills of your health bar. It's no joke.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Thanks Koil and Goggalor. I see it is co-op. Either of you try that too?

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
When it comes to the rats I've found stabbing weapons, as opposed to hacking, work wonders. And yeah the poison sucks.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

Thanks Koil and Goggalor. I see it is co-op. Either of you try that too?

No, I haven't tried it yet. It's not as straight forward as just hopping into one anothers game. You have an item that allows you to summon others to your game, but it's weird, from what I've gathered....you have to tell the other person where you placed your summon, and it may not appear in there world for awhile, and even when they accept it takes a while for them to come to you or something. Gogg may be able to shed more light on it....it's def co-op, and you don't even necessarily need to know who you want to play with, as you can place the summon in a high traffic area, hoping someone comes along and joins ya.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

What Koil said, except that it is completely random who you will get to join your world, unfortunately.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Most of the time I teamed up it was to battle a boss. If you come to a closed door with five people wanting to join it's most likely a boss. If you defeat the boss (if I remember correctly) those that came into your world gain their humanity as a reward...correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a long time since I've played.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Steam is playing around, I see.

They put Blood Bowl legendary edition as 100% off on the flash sale, but it becomes 75% on the actual game page.

And here I thought a free game. Bah!

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Steam is playing around, I see.

They put Blood Bowl legendary edition as 100% off on the flash sale, but it becomes 75% on the actual game page.

And here I thought a free game. Bah!

It shows as 50-75% for me...may have been an error or something on their part, which they corrected.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Yeah, it's fixed now. Was funny seeing -0.01$ for a couple of minutes, though.