Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to though

Re: Amazon streaming now unwatchable - Time Warner limiting???

No, TWC is not limiting anything, it's your imagination. Do a tracert to the amazon servers. I know I have issues with 1080P loading sometimes on youtube even without torrenting. 1080p uses a lot of bandwidth, more than you'd expect, and sometimes the servers (especially youtube) can't handle it.

Find the Amazon movie server and do a tracert so we can see if/where lag is at.

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
Amazon instant video craps out for me after like 30mins of watching a 480P movie and it annoys me, but I get a constant 30.5Mbps/5Mbps so its obviously Amazon's servers being funny. I'm not too impressed with the Amazon video service. EDIT: though, ah! we're from the same division so it's likely that our internet is routed through the same backbone servers, and I have issues with 1080P youtube a lot as well.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to Fleeced
Gee Fleeced are you a TWC engineer? No you say, then you cant say they are or ant limiting anything.

When specific services that are competition to TWC's services are rendered useless, yet other methods work. Occam's razor sugests its TWC traffic shaping that traffic, especially if it happens on non-peak times of day.