All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy to Ryan777

to Ryan777

Re: is direct-LED less blurry than 8ms Edge lit?

Shouldn't it be anything under 5ms and lower(Most people prefer 2ms.). You might also want to try 120Hz or 240Hz(Remember it must have the Hz symbol. Some company just put 240. When it isn't a true 240Hz).
oryan707
join:2004-04-17
canada

oryan707

So does that mean you can tell a difference between 8ms and 2ms?

Would you know if there's a good site to search for montiors that reliably lists the same specs 'cause all the selling site's I've found, they'll list some specs on one profile but not another (like backlight type or panel type). It' s maddening.

Does anyone have any experience with any particular model of monitor that would be good for gaming?

Idealy I'm looking for a 19-22" LED(or just LCD if it has everything else), 2ms, VA panel+direct-backlight for better uniformitiy, with HDMI at least.

So far I think this monitor simply does not exist

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

said by oryan707:

Idealy I'm looking for a 19-22" LED(or just LCD if it has everything else), 2ms, VA panel+direct-backlight for better uniformitiy, with HDMI at least.

So far I think this monitor simply does not exist

First, monitors/TVs with full array backlight are vey rare, and this page should help you explain part of the issue: »www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 24176106
So don't even think about direct backlight, unless you have very deep pockets.

VA panels seem to have fallen out of favor lately because:
a) they are also slower than TN
b) they are significantly more expensive than TN
You can probably still find some models with VA, but for gaming you're probably better off with TN.

Many recent monitors have HDMI, so that one shouldn't be much of an issue.