Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

MRDVR Account Question

Does anybody know a way to tell which DVR (I have 3) is registered as the MRDVR? I am considering returning one of the DVRs to save some money, but don't want to return the MRDVR.

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
kudos:1
Do you have any non-DVR STBs at your house?
If so, I believe they can only talk to the MRDVR.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
Yes, and it can play from any of the 3 DVRs.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
reply to kes601
Stupid question - but if the MRDVR isn't plugged in, do the multi-room feeds still work? For example, if DVR 1 is the MRDVR, and you unplug it, can you still get feeds from DVR 2 to your STB? I don't know because I only have one DVR. But if that's the case, then the solution, as painful as it may be, could be as simple as: unplug DVR 1 and see if you still have MR access. If so, then plug DVR 1 back in and un plug DVR 2, and repeat test.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
Good idea, I will give that a shot if/when I decide to return one of them.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to kes601
MR-DVR is an account-level feature. You either have it or you don't. It doesn't matter which box you return as long as you keep at least one DVR with MR-DVR on your account.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
said by UnnDunn:

MR-DVR is an account-level feature. You either have it or you don't. It doesn't matter which box you return as long as you keep at least one DVR with MR-DVR on your account.

Thanks for the clarification. I think once upon a time (prior to streaming DVR to DVR) it was tied to the box.