Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cmslick3

join:2004-05-24
Joliet, IL

Wheel refinishing SW burbs - Joliet

All,
I'm looking for some advice/recommendations on getting the wheels on my car refinished. The OEM finish has cracked and is flaking off, unfortunately I'm not getting any warranty coverage. So what I wanted to do was have the entire wheel painted black with the raised portions painted to match the car.

here is an example: »www.decodir.com/2009/12/2010-kia···-wheels/

In my case the car is alien green, so the polished part of the wheel would be green.

Does anyone know of a reputable shop that can do this kind of work in the SW burbs? I need someone who can handle the entire process, unmounting, TPMS, remounting and balancing... I have no place to store the car off the ground with all 4 wheels removed.

Has anyone had experience with painted wheels in the Chicagoland winters?

Any thoughts on powder coating VS painting?

Thanks in advance.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

I personally would go with powder coating. I don't personally know of any places but protekpowdercoating.com is in Joliet. Their site is kind of a nightmare but I wouldn't judge by that. The guy I bring my motorcycle too has a site that looks like it was designed by Homer Simpson. His shop is awesome though. I'd call them and see what they say.

whymeintrouble
Premium
join:2001-06-20
Naperville, IL
reply to cmslick3

did you check into pricing for new wheels? It may be cost prohibitive to do what you are looking for.